Paint Chipping Class Action? - Page 20 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having a problem with your FJ or want to discuss a visit to the service department, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 194 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Re: Paint Chipping Class Action?

Quote:
DoWork previously said: View Post
The fact of the matter is Toyota cant and wont repaint our trucks so we all need to live with it. They have the sale and couldnt care less if they chip. The paint may suck but the car will last a long time. I say start saving for a new paint job.
I'm not too worried about the paint chips. I have an off road dent that I'm not worried about fixing either.

Still, this is a problem and it hasn't happened to any other car I've owned, either new or used. The paint chipping on the FJ is excessive. I am hoping it is not a sign of anything else, like prone to rust or anything disasterous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 194 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
wgpowner previously said: View Post
okay, let the flaming begin, I don't care anymore.

I love the truck, the looks, the way it drives, etc. etc. etc., but I am not happy with the paint chipping.

This is not my daily driver, and has never been off road, but I am seeing a substantial amount of chips in the paint. Not only the front and a pillars, but also the side of the vehicle.

The dealership was helpful and talked to Toyota, but they said they would only paint the a pillars, and the rest was tough luck. I called Toyota and got ahold of Alonzo Scates in the customer service who was a total tool and hung up on me. Yes, I'm calling this customer disservice rep out. After calling back again, I got ahold of a nice young lady who was very helpful and took my information. I still hope it will be taken care of, but I'm wondering how many others out there are willing to pursue this thing if needs be.

People wanting to flame me can go ahead an bite me at this point as I was/am happy enough with the car (except for this) to buy my wife one as she has taken an interest in it and is up for a new car. This will definately queer the deal if it is not taken care of.

I want to gauge interest in a class action if needed in order to get Toyota to remedy this situation. I really don't want to get rid of it, but I will if I need to.
2007 FJ Yellow and paint crap! Whole hood is pealing took it in to local dealers and they said couldn't do anything about it. have talked to a couple of paint & body shops and they laugh and said they have seen several with the same problem. Would love to see a class action suit. Cant afford the 5K to get a new paint job.
post #193 of 194 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 03:38 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)

did you notice the thread you posted to is 11 years old?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 194 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 03:52 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to mikey
Lifetime Supporting Member

Forgot all about this one!

After Monday and Tuesday even the calender says WTF

"It's not easy being Green"
Kermit the Frog

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in