blown rear diff! - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having a problem with your FJ or want to discuss a visit to the service department, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: blown rear diff!

Quote:
loneuglyfish previously said: View Post
mine just started knocking last week! pulled the third and saw about 4 teeth in a row chewed up!

East Coast Gears has a good deal for an upgrade! whole 3rd member with 4.88 for about $700, after you mail in yours for a core of course!
I just sent an inquiry into these guys to see what a front and rear re-gear with 4:88's is going to run. I'll keep y'all posted, I'm exicited. If I can send my front and rear out and have them re-geared for $1500 or less over the Winter, game on!

2007 Titanium Metallic and YES I wheel it!
TLCA#16880, FJ Northeasters, Gotham City Land Cruisers, Yankee Toys
6 SPEED MANUAL- ICON Reservoir Front Coilovers, ICON Piggy Back Rear Shocks, DR Racing Billet UCA"s, Body Mount Mod, Real Wheels Lightbar w/4 PIAA 520SMR XT Lights, AllPro Front and Rear Bumpers w/Warn M8000 winch, AllPro Trailing Arm skids, All Pro sliders, TRD CAI, Weld Dune 6 W/Black Beadlock rings, Toyo MT's 35x12.5x17
RASTA Full Aluminum Skids, Lots of Badges!
Daily Driver:2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

FJNORTHEASTERS

GOTHAM CITY LANDCRUISERS

TLCA
Yankee Toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Re: blown rear diff!

Quote:
loneuglyfish......previously said:
East Coast Gears has a good deal for an upgrade! whole 3rd member with 4.88 for about $700, after you mail in yours for a core of course!
Quote:
slither.....previously said:
I just sent an inquiry into these guys to see what a front and rear re-gear with 4:88's is going to run. I'll keep y'all posted, I'm exicited. If I can send my front and rear out and have them re-geared for $1500 or less over the Winter, game on!
These guys do good work. A buddy of mine over on the brown room just went through them and put in 4:56's and a front ARB in his Tacoma. Just an FYI, if you know how to install the Ring and Pinion yourself it will be much cheaper the gears for the rear around $200 and a little more for the front around $260.

14' 4Runner Trail Edition
08' FJ R.I.P.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in