fuel fill clicking off constantly (solution) - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having a problem with your FJ or want to discuss a visit to the service department, post it here.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By leland331

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
fuel fill clicking off constantly (solution)

I have came across a lot of threads of people complaining about hot difficult it is to fill an fj cruiser with fuel because the pumps click off always.

I got tired of mine. it was really bad. so bad that even at 1/4 speed, it would click off. I was ready to sell my vehicle before it got frozen out. My friend with a low mileage 07 has the same issue but not as bad. He, and all the threads i found online said it was a filler neck design flaw.

It is not! (at least as far as i am concerned. maybe with really fast gas pumps it could be)

I had Evap system codes. I pulled out the canister, blew it out while lightly tapping a hammer to it. Then i checked the operation of the valve and the vacuum pump. It was clean and working perfect.

I then noticed on the driver side beside the EVAP canister, a line running out of the canister to a tank breather. Turns out it is a filter. one that was very plugged. I took it out and blew it out while again, tapping it with a hammer. Over a pound of dust came out. No more codes and i can fill my fj at max speed and it will not click off anymore.
Adrift and Overboost44 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Re: fuel fill clicking off constantly (solution)

You don't happen to have photo of this mystery filter, do you? My FJ started doing this late last month, no codes yet, but it's driving me crazy.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in