Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

No waves in NC...

6K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Dvsjw(betterhalf) 
#1 ·
Just got back from hiking a few days in WNC and covered alot of area driving. Traveled from the Sugarland center in TN over to Waynesville NC area. Saw alot of FJ's, gave some waves and flashed my lights a few times, but nothing in return. What's up? Was it because I have FL plates? Jk
Don't know if any of you guys are on here, but saw 2 TT's in Waynesville. Both lifted, white one on Main St, and a sandstorm at Bogart's...nice rigs fellas.
I'll be going back up in a few weeks, waving and flashing, maybe I'll hang my head out the window this time!
Happy trails

#2 ·
:wave:I would have waved I try and wave at all the FJs around here in Kannapolis NC but i never get a response. So no I dont think its because of the FL plates haha:lol:

#4 ·
I see a bunch of mall crawlers around central and western NC that don't wave and look at me like i'm crazy when i'm waving my A$$ off at them.

There are three in my town that come to my bar and don't know a thing about them. I try to talk shop with them and.....blank stares!

Keep waving, we'll get it going sooner or later:cheers:

#5 ·
Yep, a bunch of mall crawlers that are not aware of the legendary Cruisers :lol:

#6 ·
Heck, I get waves back half the time in the Triad which is pretty good. I almost always get waves back from modified FJ's though, and frankly, those mean more to me since they appreciate the FJ for what it is. I get more waves from old Toyota truck owners though and I always wave back unless I'm in the middle of a turn and shifting or something.

#7 ·
Thanks for the waves fellas, I knew I'd get a few on here. And I agree with the comment about modded FJ's, they do seem to wave more. That same rule applies down here in FL.
@Tomwill, been to Cataloochee, Cade's Cove, and a few other places, but haven't made it to Max Patch yet. Trying to get back up there in a few weeks, not sure yet. I'll PM you next time I come through.

#8 ·
I know what you mean....however, if you should ever be in NC and see an FJ with an NCFJ club sticker....I'm positive you will get a wave from them ;)

:cheers:

#11 ·
I was at a mud event this past May, Seen a lifted and really nice FJ cruisin round leading a few Jeepers. rolled up beside him, said whats up and he rolled off like I was some fungus....:flame: so I stopped waving altogether... Got tired of being snobbed off by other FJ drivers or Other Offroad rigs... I figured my FJ was not worhty of their aknowledgement, so then I just cruise off with waving.

#16 ·
Hey.....Hey.....I live in Sylva NC and work in Waynesville......I wave at every FJ I see going over Balsam or around town! I still see the Sandstorm and Voodoo FJ's at Bogarts.....Those guys work there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.