Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

k-town Cruisers

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  myfjtte 
#1 ·
Wondering how many of you would be interested in putting together a club. I'm willing to do the leg work to get one going, just seeing if there is enough interested to pursue. Group would include monthly meetings(mod days:alfdance:), possibly hooters every wendesday, trail rides, events, and open to anyone. Won't have a website but will open a Facebook group where all information can be posted with real time updates. What do you think?

#2 ·
Also any recommendations on a name?

#3 ·
I would be down for something like this. My presence though would be a little spotty until after July though. I am in school full time and will graduate in then. Also a family and full time job and part time mowing business, but it sounds like a great idea. I feel like a clown sometimes with a juggling act. :laugh

Reactions: ktownfj
#4 ·
If we can get some more fjers into this, we could get together for dinner and talk it out. Are you doing the Nov 1st hurricane creek trail ride smoky mountain fj got together?

#5 ·
Yeah I'm keeping the date open for it and hoping nothing comes up...Its looking good so far. There are several that are going to go. Would be nice to meet a few around the area interested in doing some offroading.

Reactions: ktownfj
#6 ·
Awesome, I hope there's a good turnout.

#8 ·
I like where this is headed, nice to meet you rover2fj and welcome to the forums. Decals are a must! How do you feel about ktown cruisers?

#9 ·
I think if you can incorporate the word Mountain into the name it would be cool. Very few people have the luxary of wheeling in the mountains like we do, that and whenever you have some sort of terrain related word in a club name like, mud, rock, dune, mountain, etc, it just sounds cooler. Also there might be members who live just outside of Knoxville, I know I live in Knox but I wheel in Oliver Springs. Just my two cents, I'm happy with anything that gets voted in.

#10 ·
Thanks, I definitely want it to be a group effort on deciding a name. It shouldn't be just knoxvillians, I posted it that way to draw attention from locals. Smoky mountain cruisers was formed awhile back but that dude drives an accord now so I think it fell out, then there was east tn fj cruisers but they sold their rigs. There is others like knox offroad which is primarily a jeep Community. And appalachian cruisers on ih8mud but it's a land cruiser community. I primarily wheel with my buddies and they all have jk's. Just want to start one for us fj'ers to show em what the fj is all about.

#11 ·
If we can get a few more up for it we can get together over dinner or something and decide. I really like Smoky Mtn. Cruisers if it is no longer used. I hope it's not trademarked lol or east 10se cruisers.

#13 ·
I'd be interested! My FJ is stock right now, but want to get out and see what it can do. I've had 2 Wrangler's and an s10 ZR2 with lift kits and big tires, so I'm not new to going off road, just with the FJ.

I would vote on something with FJ in the name. Anything with 'cruisers' or something similar will bring up things like car cruises and sitting in a parking lot haha

Excited to get something going with the FJ! I was somewhat involved in a few Jeep clubs in St. Louis, MO years ago and I like the camaraderie the Jeep community has. I still wave at all FJ's with about a 25% success rate on a return haha

#15 ·
Looks like this kinda went dead. For those of you who want the feel/activities of a club but cant/don't want the leg work, have you thought about joining up with a broader club that is already in town? There is a section on IH8MUD for the area and they are a great group of guys. It's a little more established and have all types of rigs in the group, more Land Cruisers of course, I have a 14 Tacoma and they welcomed me.

Just another option, check them out if you're interested.

Link TN- Appalachia Cruisers | IH8MUD Forum

#17 ·
Check out East TN FJ Cruisers on facebook. More activity there than here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.