Calico Clean up - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Socal Region Regional forum for the Southern California area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Calico Clean up

Quote:
RokCrawlinToy previously said: View Post
Hey everyone. Just a heads up. We are in the beginning stages of organizing the 2nd Annual Calico Cleanup event. Last years event was a hugh success and we would like to make this one even better.
Next year we will be moving the event to Mar. 22 (website will be updated)
Hope to see you all out there.
For more info. Calico Cleanup 2008 » Home
Thanks
Ron
OK guys

we have a killer deal here, the second annual Calico cleanup days

last year we had over 300 vehicles and 700 people

this year

Febuary 16th
presidents day weekend

we meet and get out and clean up a spot of BLM land, it is a great way to show we care about the land

there are many 4x4 trails

We at AD4x4 want to see a showing of our sister forum "FJCRUISERFROUMS.COM" this year, to hang out and camp with us, and to show the colors of this 4x4 Forum.

You can see a lot of info at AD4X4, but we will keep you posted here also.

some of the things we will be handling from AD4x4 is a scanveger hunt for the kids while on the cleanup

A poker run after the cleanup

and long distance Ham radio communication for the event

there are threads about all over there.

I really want to stress, we want a strong showing of FJCs, and we invite the guys here, to organize a group to show us, camp with us, but more importantly, show off the FJCs and our commitment as a community to steward the land. Having a group of guys from FJCRUISERFROUMS.COM with a banner at their campsite would mean everything to the FJC community.

Jim

Full of life and loving it.

www.justgoodtrails.com/waiting

Save the cactus

Trail Nuts, not just for squirrels anymore

Last edited by Dragon; 10-25-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Forum Veteran

Re: Calico Clean up

I'd definately be interested in going if someone else from my area rolled up with me.

I was thinking about what it takes to organize a cleanup of this nature. In the desert out by my parents' house in Palmdale, there's tons of garbage that people take out to the desert and just dump. It's sick.

2007 Sun Fusion FJ Cruiser 4x4 6MT AL only
All-Pro sliders, A-Trac, locking gas cap, Clearplex, Tomtom(stolen), shattered driver's window.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I am sure there will be a couple of guys that come from the OC

"Because in the end it has almost nothing to do with the bike and everything to do with setting
out to accomplish something that is intimidating, that is unknown to you, something you know you
have a good chance of failing at but doing it anyways and slowly but surely proving yourself wrong."

Mike Ambs

www.corva.org
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Aequitas - Veritas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

I may just hafta go up there. Subscribing.
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
highbeams previously said: View Post
OK guys
we have a killer deal here, the second annual Calico cleanup days
last year we had over 300 vehicles and 700 people
this year
Febuary 16th
presidents day weekend
we meet and get out and clean up a spot of BLM land, it is a great way to show we care about the land
there are many 4x4 trails
We at AD4x4 want to see a showing of our sister forum "FJCRUISERFROUMS.COM" this year, to hang out and camp with us, and to show the colors of this 4x4 Forum.

I really want to stress, we want a strong showing of FJCs, and we invite the guys here, to organize a group to show us, camp with us, but more importantly, show off the FJCs and our commitment as a community to steward the land. Having a group of guys from FJCRUISERFROUMS.COM with a banner at their campsite would mean everything to the FJC community.

Jim
I would like to second Highbeam's request. The Calico Clean-Up 2007 was a amazing event - truely inspiring to watch 741 volunteers and 448 vehicles (!) show up for the sole purpose of helping to clean up and improve an area we all love to wheel. The BLM was very concerned about having such a large group (although no one expected more than 200 vehicles...) in this area at one time, but the cooperation and organization was fantastic - and the clean-up extremely successful. In fact, we removed 16 tons (yes, TONS !!!) of trash, along with 5 abandoned vehicles, installed 67 trail signs, 2 kiosks, and removed graffiti from the rocks and canyon walls. All who came walked away with an renewed appreciation for the land we get to use, and the maintainence it requires if we want to keep it available. In addition, new friendships were born from the field work, and everyone walked (drove, actually) away feeling good about what we had accomplished.

The BLM has a new respect for the groups that attended and participated in the clean-up - demonstrating that off-roaders care about the areas they traverse, and are willing to put forward the effort neccessary to preserve those areas.

Lets continue to impress the regulatory agencies, and any other groups concerned, by showing the true spirit of the off-road adventurer -
Mark your calendars and make an effort to attend this year's Calico Clean-Up 2008, Feb 16-17, 2008.

Hope to see you there... Larry

" I'm not aware of too many things, but I know what I know, if you know what I mean..."

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... that way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes..."

W6LPB / WPOK492

TLCA #9632

post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Wanderlust

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)

Looking forward to helping out again in 2008. Here's a photo from this year of our contingency with highbeams directing traffic (courtesy of Tankota)

post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DominicG

ill go.. lets get a LA/OC group together and roll on down there to join the adv 4x4 guys!

GO D.O.
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
DominicG previously said: View Post
ill go.. lets get a LA/OC group together and roll on down there to join the adv 4x4 guys!
This is something we need to get involved with. Everybody whines when we loose a place to wheel. This is a demonstrated benefit to an area by responsible 4x4 owners that we can point to. Time to vote with your feet on this one guys!

I'm down for this one!

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unaltered, to find the ways that you have changed.

post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:28 AM
Forum Veteran

Consider us there in Feb

Rico's Rhino

'07 BD, AT, AllPro sliders, Hilift , Kenwood 5120, Parrot 3200LS, Cobra CB, Bandi mount, 4' firestick, EMU Hvy/Hvysuspension, Light Force 170 driving lights on Defiant bar, 5 IPF lights on N-Fab roof bar, 3 pc. Allpro skids all the way back, AllPro pro links with skids, AFE CAI & TBS, Terra Grapplers 285/70/17 M/T, TWM shift knobs, Wet Okoles, AllPro rear bumper w/ swingout rack, AllPro high clearance exhaust, Lucrum Mount, M8000 w/synth line
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Forum Master

I will be joining the Adventure4x4.net group and helping with ham radio comm and happy to do so....
It would be great to have more folks from Az to convoy with...
My youngest boy has his b-day around that weekend so this will be a trip for him too...he is concerned about trail conditions at 9yrs old! Also he will have his ham ticket by then to help with comm,,,yeah he has a radio already!

Come on folks this is how you change the way folks think of offroaders!

enjoy,
1leglance
KE7NKP
Disabled Explorers
Helping the handicapped independently access the backcountry
www.disabledexplorers.com
Voodoo Blue driver, night nurse, cigar smoker & all around happy camper

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Socal Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in