Dec 1, 2, 8 or 9: Odessa Canyon / Doran Scenic Loop - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Socal Region Regional forum for the Southern California area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Dec 1, 2, 8 or 9: Odessa Canyon / Doran Scenic Loop

We are trying again for Sat Dec 15 - see this link for more info (please post anything new in the new thread rather than this old dead one.)

This trip has been cancelled due to very likely heavy rain - not a good idea in a slot canyon.

EDIT: I'd like to do this run on Saturday December 8th. Meeting either in Barstow or Calico (we can talk about it when we have a list).

List so far:

For sure going:
jeshua
mir
uphill

Maybe:
(fjamming)?
jt1969

Hi all,

It's been too long since I ran the Doran loop and I want to do it again soon. Anyone want to go? I have a very brief write-up and pictorial on the trail in the trail section. It is my feeling from having run it a few times that it requires skids, rock rails, and preferably a lift. Some trail damage is possible to likely.

I'd like to go next weekend (Dec 1 or 2) or in two weeks (Dec 8 or 9). Hitting the trail just north of Barstow around noon. The trail takes about 3-4 hours to run.

Post up if anyone wants to do it.

Mark

EDIT: The Saturdays are much better for me since I just checked and I have noon-thirty tip-off's for Clippers games on both of the Sundays, should have checked that first

"<Simplify the world to a ridiculous degree, then state as a pithy one sentence quote to create illusion of deep insight>" - <insert attribution>

"The English, lacking a soul of their own, must move through the world in search of those of others." - paraphrased Bedouin judgement, as related by Colin Thubron.

Last edited by mir207; 12-06-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Re: Dec 1, 2, 8 or 9: Odessa Canyon / Doran Scenic Loop

I would love to do it Mark. Let me see if I can work this one out, really need to work on my truck but I might have to ditch that for a weekend. I will keep you posted.

Oh 8th and 9th would be better for me.

"Because in the end it has almost nothing to do with the bike and everything to do with setting
out to accomplish something that is intimidating, that is unknown to you, something you know you
have a good chance of failing at but doing it anyways and slowly but surely proving yourself wrong."

Mike Ambs

www.corva.org
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Aequitas - Veritas
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

PM sent.

Sounds good!

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unaltered, to find the ways that you have changed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Fjamming Send a message via Skype™ to Fjamming

Sounds fun. I'll need to check schedule. Got a very full plate in December.

Click for the "Genie" build up
Sandoo Blue FJ
Walker Evans 2.5 dia. front shocks, adj. rear reservoir shocks, Pro Links. AP F&R bumpers, AP 1.25" UCA, Demello skid, TMax 9000 Competition winch. Viking Trail Line. Hankook MT RE03. Trail Gear Sliders, Aeroflow, Lightforce Blitz 240 50W HID, All Pro Swing Out. Bajarack custom low-pro rack. Ricochet LCA armor.
SoCal Events Calendar
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
uphill previously said: View Post
PM sent.

Sounds good!
I didn't get the PM - could you resend?

"<Simplify the world to a ridiculous degree, then state as a pithy one sentence quote to create illusion of deep insight>" - <insert attribution>

"The English, lacking a soul of their own, must move through the world in search of those of others." - paraphrased Bedouin judgement, as related by Colin Thubron.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would love to ..... But I am still stock
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

PM resent-

I suspect December 1 would be the better date for me. The following week will be busier and I can't guarantee that December 8-9 will be free at this point since I'm doing the Copper Creek run with RELIC HUNTER on December 14-16.

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unaltered, to find the ways that you have changed.

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JT1969 previously said: View Post
I would love to ..... But I am still stock
Skids are probably all you need on that rig (you have the rails and great tires and you probably don't need the lift). I heard that MAF has sets available even though they're listed as out

EDIT: Actually, with the offroad package, you probably have the bling plate too, right? If you don't mind bending/dinting it, you'll probably be OK.

post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
mir207 previously said: View Post
Skids are probably all you need on that rig (you have the rails and great tires and you probably don't need the lift). I heard that MAF has sets available even though they're listed as out

EDIT: Actually, with the offroad package, you probably have the bling plate too, right? If you don't mind bending/dinting it, you'll probably be OK.
I will give them a call ... thanks for the heads up
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
mir207 previously said: View Post

Quote:
JT1969 previously said: View Post
I will give them a call ... thanks for the heads up
Get Steve on extension 105 and tell him that mir207 said they had them (one of the guys I was talking with on ih8mud picked up a set last Monday )

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Socal Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in