Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Azusa is CANCELED but Hungry Valley is ON! [Feb 24]

12K views 169 replies 22 participants last post by  Sev_FJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Before I say anything, I would like to apologize for the multiple threads...

Now...The original plan was to head to Azusa Canyon OHV on Sunday Feb. 4th.
Original Thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/47763-azusa-canyon-ohv-02-24-08-a.html

However, as it turns out that the Azusa Canyon OHV is closed due to high water level.
(Please refer to this thread if you haven't already done so:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/48428-azusa-canyon-ohv-closed.html)

Therefore i have decided, with the help and suggestions of some other members, to move the meet to Hungry Valley SVRA!
Hungry Valley SVRA

Again: Time and Date does NOT change since we had a possible 21 rigs interested in wheeling that day. (The list is in the original thread)

Time / Location:

Meet at Ralphs in Calstaic, CA 9:00am
31970 Castaic Rd, loc: Castaic, CA - Google Maps

Leave Ralphs at 9:30am

Final Destination Hungry Valley SVRA
from: 31970 Castaic Rd, Castaic, CA 91384 (Ralphs Grocery Company: Castaic) to: Hungry Valley SVRA @34.721961,-118.846388 - Google Maps

Please check back to this post as I will keep it updated as far as time, location, weather conditions and which trails are open / closed.

Again, i apologize for the multiple threads and the change of plans. I hope everyone will be willing to drive an extra 45 minutes or so to meet at the Hungry Valley SVRA.

The new and improved LIST of peeps:

1) Myself
2) My Cousin with an H2
3) buddoggin
4) geo88
5) 1SIKFJC
6) 1SIKFJC's buddy with Tacoma
7) seal13il
8) BLUETONKA
9) oscarr
10) AUTO SHO
11) Tarik
12) JBIRD8403

Greg

See less See more
#5 ·
Before I say anything, I would like to apologize for the multiple threads...

Now...The original plan was to head to Azusa Canyon OHV on Sunday Feb. 4th.
Original Thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/47763-azusa-canyon-ohv-02-24-08-a.html

However, as it turns out that the Azusa Canyon OHV is closed due to high water level.
(Please refer to this thread if you haven't already done so:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/48428-azusa-canyon-ohv-closed.html)

Therefore i have decided, with the help and suggestions of some other members, to move the meet to Hungry Valley SVRA!
Hungry Valley SVRA

Again: Time and Date does NOT change since we had a possible 21 rigs interested in wheeling that day. (The list is in the original thread)

Time / Location:
Meet in Sun Valley (On the way to Hungry Valley from LA) 9:00 am
7764 San Fernando Rd. 91352 - Google Maps
Leave Sun Valley 9:30

Final Destination Hungry Valley SVRA
from: 7764 san fernando rd 91352 to: Hungry Valley SVRA @34.721961,-118.846388 - Google Maps

Please check back to this post as I will keep it updated as far as time, location, weather conditions and which trails are open / closed.

Again, i apologize for the multiple threads and the change of plans. I hope everyone will be willing to drive an extra 45 minutes or so to meet at the Hungry Valley SVRA.

Greg
gorman it is:)

#6 ·
greg-we might have rain on sunday.knowing how fast the conditions can change in Gorman it might be a little tough.

#8 ·
If its snowing they might close Hungry Valley like last time.I dont think its going to be that cold enough for snow.Will see.I might carpool with Geo and only take 1 FJ.

#10 · (Edited)
Sounds good to me.Now me and Geo gotta decide which FJ to take,I will let my Dad know also he has the weekend off.He has a winch on his Fj incase we get a little stuck in the snow.Like my ass last time.LOL.Frazier does sound good also.We can always check it out if not go to the other trail on the 138.

update-Oscar Senior is confirmed for sunday.

Greg- Lets try to meet further North on the 5.Castaic exit at the Ralphs.

#13 · (Edited)
Last time it was raining cats n' dogs. I could barely see the FJ's behind me on the freeway.

#14 ·
I'll add it to the calender. I won't be able to make it though.

#18 ·
can a stock fj 4x4 take on this trail

#23 ·
Beverly Hills adj. here;-) and your stock can do things u will be amazed off:)

#29 · (Edited)
If their is snow like last time they might have a CHP checkpoint.I hope not.But we have 3 places to choose from like last time that things went sour.

I still think we should check out Frazier Park first.Love that snow.Its only a 1 mile from Gorman.If Hungry Valley is Icy it will be closed.

#40 ·
The only reason we are saying chains is because the sheriffs stop you at a checkpoint if the snow is enough. They won't let you past that point. Basically just show and tell.

I got Z cables at pepboys for about 100 bucks.

Oscarr, those pics came out good! That day was fun. My mom was so scared when we had to turn around on that little road!

#41 ·
Matt-what size tire are ur chains for???33 inch??

#46 ·
good chance ill will be attend this meet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.