Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Virginia trail ride

185K views 2K replies 81 participants last post by  Kevin108 
#1 ·
Hey guys whats up! im planning a camping trip sw of harrisonburg area sept 14-15 anyone interested? lemme no what you think????

#5 ·
Xetabur, judging by your signature I was the one talking to you over on the expo forum. Enzo right?

I'm one of the FJ's bill6189 is talking about.

As of right now we are going to meet at the Sheetz in Harrisonburg VA around 9ish(I believe) on the 14th and then hit some trails and camp.

You should join.

#7 ·
Depends on what type of off roader you are. I like exploring the back country and camping, so fire roads are my favorite. I usually go out in the George Washington National Forest (GWNF) or Green Ridge State Forest for that.

If you like the rock crawling I think Crozet VA is your best option but I've never been out there.

#8 ·
I should be able to go as long as its nothing too crazy. I will only be able to camp one night as I have to much going on with work and school. My truck is stock except for what's in my sig so no mudding or rock crawling. Ill be coming from Bedford.

#12 ·
I might try to go. My daughter wants to go camping, so that means my other does as well. Need to get a sitter for my puppy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
I will let you know. Trying to work it out and reschedule some things.

#16 ·
Oh man, I may cry when I see it. Or throw myself off the mountain. I love that truck. I have the roof rack rails for you and the other transmitter. Those Rosner folks didn't really care. I want to go and if I can work it out, I'll see you there.
Don't tease me if I snivel LOL

#18 ·
I had traded for a 4 runner (it's complicated) all I can say is anyone who thinks that ADHD isn't real, never been inside my head. After 2 months I couldn't stand it. Last Tuesday I lost more of my a** and traded for a Calvary blue FJ. So, I'm starting from scratch. I put ungodly amounts of money in Infidel. Live and learn. I have made two huge mistakes in my life. My first marriage and then trading my first FJ. I will be buried in this one. I didn't buy this one from Rosner. I bought a few cars from them and my salesman should have stopped me. Ultimately it's my fault and I'm not blaming them. I got a much better deal than I would have with them.

#19 ·
Where do we meet in Fredericksburg if I can go? Or has it been decided yet. I'm on my second mod :). Got a new pro clip. Yay

#20 ·
Have you guys sent this event:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/south-east/291505-steven-toyota-scion-show-tell-event.html

I have been meeting the the owners of steven toyota and they are wanting to have an event based on off road/lowered/modded or stock toyotas and fancy scions. The event will be named the STEVEN TOYOTA SCION SHOW AND TELL EVENT.

OCTOBER 26TH @ 10:00

EVENT LOCATION: HARRISONBURG VA
Whats happening:

-Pink bikini car wash

-SWAP MEET

-Smoking BBQ on site

-Raffle ARB GEAR, jerry cans, high lifts, subscription to import tuner and 4wd toyota.

-Live Band (reggae and rock band)

- DEMELLO OFF-ROAD, ALLPRO OFF-ROAD, METALTECH 4x4, TOYTEC LIFTS, and FLYZEYE will be donating raffle prizes

TOYTEC RAFFLE- one 150 dollar gift card and two 50 dollar gift cards along with hats and t shirts!

-HOMERTACO will be there with all his grill options

-CRUTCHFIELD vendor will be there along with competition sound vechiles

-food vendors including donut truck

-Cornhole Tournament with cash buy in

-possibly getting a group buy together on site and talking with vendor directly once enough people sign up.

- do it yourself in the shop with the lifts/ no dummies allowed
(he said you will need to sign a waiver and there will be someone there to operate lifts)

There will be judging for different vechiles
- best of show
-best off road vechile
-most armored
-biggest lift
-lowest truck
-best tuner
-best audio/dvd/interior
-best 5 lugger
-most flex
- loudest vechile

winner of these categories will have a professional photography session of their vechile in steven toyotas photo booth.

So basically-

-scion/tuner show (anyone with supras, mr2, celica, anything toyota pretty much is welcome)
-off road show
-articulation ramps
-entertainment
-prizes
-food
-15% off toyota products that day or 1 year expiration date
-oil filters and quarts of oil will be given away
--modding on site

Still in process for event

-East Coast Gear supply as a vendor and doing clam shell bushings on site
-Getting Iron Pig involved
-Monster Energy sponsoring event
-ROLL IN DYNO for tuner guys

Proceeds from raffles will be going towards BREAST CANCER RESEARCH

#21 ·
I will try and make it out there on Sunday have stuff to do that Saturday. As far as shoe creek I have ran it a couple times and the first time was stock with no problems going up the trail gets harder on the ride back down. Oh and bill I was about to leave rosner's from getting my service done and they told me to go look at the used 2010 fj and I just happened to see it at the gas station guy said he had just sold it I believe it is the one you bought.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#25 ·
Bill just left my house. It was great meeting you. Glad someone has it who loves it as much as me. We will have a Blue version of it on here some day. Funds funds.

#27 ·
I just ordered the bandi mount, cable and firestick. I hope its here in time.
Thank you for the CB.:rocker:

#29 ·
Hey all, I live in Herndon and I was thinking about camping and wheeling the 13th and the 14th in the Harrisonburg area. I've never been wheeling there before. I was planning on heading down mid afternoon on Friday. I've got other stuff going on on Sunday, so I'll be leaving Saturday evening. If you have extra room for another FJ in your convoy let me know.

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.