South West Region NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM, HI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FJ in Southern CA

If any of you FJ enthusiasts from southern California want to see the FJ up close and personal, just take a trip to Torrance, Toyota's US headquarters, Exit Western from the 405, Corporate Campus sits at the intersection of 190th and Western. Spans about 3 blocks, take a few minutes, drive around, you will see all colors, options, etc. Just saw 4 different one today, Voodoo, Fusion, Silver, Black. Worthy All.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Perv3rse
Re: FJ in Southern CA

I saw one on the 405 near there. It was Voodoo Blue but when I looked in my mirror I noticed it had the new round Toyota logo, instead of TOYOTA spelled out. I assume this might be one of the preproduction or concepts, but I dont really know.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bostonian1976
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Perv3rse previously said:
I saw one on the 405 near there. It was Voodoo Blue but when I looked in my mirror I noticed it had the new round Toyota logo, instead of TOYOTA spelled out. I assume this might be one of the preproduction or concepts, but I dont really know.
interesting. like this one I saw at the auto show. I can't imagine they'd be driving the concept around though...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Perv3rse

I was really excited to see it. When I passed it I was only really able to watch it in my mirror occasionally. I didnt notice the winch/hook apparatus in the front bumper, but we were driving freeway speeds and I could have just missed it. However I did notice that there was no T O Y O T A written across the grill and only had the small emblem that is on all new Toyotas.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
TravelToy previously said:
If any of you FJ enthusiasts from southern California want to see the FJ up close and personal, just take a trip to Torrance, Toyota's US headquarters, Exit Western from the 405, Corporate Campus sits at the intersection of 190th and Western. Spans about 3 blocks, take a few minutes, drive around, you will see all colors, options, etc. Just saw 4 different one today, Voodoo, Fusion, Silver, Black. Worthy All.
My wife works at Toyota Corporate HQ there in Torrance. They have an arboretum (sp?) type space in the middle of their main building and it has 5 or 6 different car "stages" amongst a bunch of plants and indoor landscaping where they actually drive cars into the building and put them on display for the associates to check out. They leave them unlocked, so the associates can even sit in them if they'd like. Well, in February, they highlighted the FJ Cruiser and had a bunch of them in there. I went to pick up the wife and went in and was able to check them all out quite a while ago - it was great and they had all the colors there, along with all the preliminary info on them... It has definitely fanned the fires for me. Now, I'm just waiting to see if the wife can get a better deal direct from corporate, or if a dealer can get me one. You'd think associates could get a bigger discount rate, but sometimes the dealers have better incentives or packages at better pricing... We'll see!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in