Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Copper State Cruisers meet with Trail team Sept 15-16?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Tools R Us 
#1 · (Edited)
Copper State Cruisers meet with Trail team Sept 15-16? Tempe, AZ

I was just wondering how many were planning on coming to the Copper State Cruisers Sonic meet on Sept 15th? The Toyota trail team is planning on coming and is hoping to get a group together to wheel on Sat the 16th. It has been talked about running back road to crown king...but that's still open. I was just wondering if people knew and if anyone was planning on coming.

#3 ·
I am a CSC member...you can check out our web forum boardhere
Not much has been planned but if you look it is a scedualled Trail Teams event they said most likely the central team will come and they will be at the Sonic meet that starts 6:30-7:00pm till whenever. Then they wanted to wheel with the club on Sat. Back road to Crown King is the current plan.

The Sonic meets are at the sonic in Tempe, AZ btw Rual and McClintok on Broadway Rd.

#4 ·
"Copper State" Cruisers ... I wish people would include city and state names in posts. Some of us may be geographically challenged or perhaps did not grow up in the US.

#6 ·
Dean said:
"Copper State" Cruisers ... I wish people would include city and state names in posts. Some of us may be geographically challenged or perhaps did not grow up in the US.
Sorry...updated it, or at least tried to. And that is why I put it in the Southwest region forum....

This is in Tempe Arizona!!!

#7 ·
These guys are a very cool group and have embraced the FJ's from the start. I really appreciated them reaching out to our website when the first Trail Team outing was planned. (That was not a CSC event even though their name was thrown around with it.) I just officially joined, have been on a couple runs now and plan on being a regular at the meetings. They have monthly meetings in Phoenix and Tucson.

If you want to get out, explore, and see what your new rigs can do I recommend at least coming out to meet everyone. Very down to earth group.

-Norm

#10 ·
I'm not sure the Trail Team is going to make any announcements until the CSC meeting the night before the run. The last Trail Team event here was HIGHLY publicized and as a result there were 50+ rigs that showed up. My guess is that you have to show to go.

#11 ·
This was a big surprise (but a pleasant one!) for us, posted on the Toyota USA site without our knowledge. We are in contact with the Trail Teams and it's confirmed that they will be at the Sept 15th Sonic meet with three trucks, two trail trucks and a stocker that anyone that wants can test drive at the meet.

We are working on a run for Saturday that will allow the most people possible to beat Toyota's trucks (and your own truck if you would like) on some challenging obstacles. Then split into smaller groups and run trails in the afternoon. This is in the early planing stages, will post details when we have them.:simmadown:

#12 ·
#15 ·
RipsFJ said:
Where are all the AZ FJ owners???
Can I still come? I haven't been on the back road for a bit, but Sunday my wife and I did the worst road in the San Juans. So maybe Crown King back road would seem easier.:)

#16 ·
abophx said:
Can I still come? I haven't been on the back road for a bit, but Sunday my wife and I did the worst road in the San Juans. So maybe Crown King back road would seem easier.:)

I think they will probably do some easy ones too....at least I hope! :) I only have a stock FJ, so I don't want to do anything that crazy.

We have a lot of FJ owners from AZ on here .... I hope we can get some FJ's to this.

Friday night - Sonic
Saturday - Offroad

Come on everyone, lets meet the Trail Team!!

#17 ·
It's no longer the back road to crown king....check the link and find the maps in the post. there will be trails for everyone so come on out.

By the way Rip...where do you live? I am in estrella with a yellow FJ and no roof rack. The only other one I have seen out here is a black one with roof rack if that you?

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.