Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Anyone with an FJammer experienced this?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tbone57 
#1 ·
It's only happened twice but given that I've only had this truck for six weeks, makes me wonder. I turn on the truck and the radio's on whatever FM station and the sound coming out is all tinny and distorted-sounding; like it's being run through some weird filter. As soon as I turn off the FJammer or play a CD and go back, the FM sounds fine. I was thinking about keeping this HU for a while at least 'cause there's lots of other mods I'd rather spend money on first, but now I'm starting to question if it will hold out that long. Anybody else experience this?

#5 ·
Hasnt happened to me, but there is ALOT of threads and complaints about the Fjammer not working upon start up. Like only the volume knob works..

Mine constantly is all frozen when I start it, the letters on the screen look messed up and no buttons work. I have to turn the fj off and restart it to have it work agian

#6 ·
Whooh, I thought it was just me. Had the exact thing happen twice with the FJammer. 5 month old 2010.
On a side note, before I sold my 2005 4runner limited with the JBL system (which totaly kicked ass for a stock system) upon start up the radio would freeze up. The radio would come on to whatever was playing lastly (as normal) but none of the controles would work. Dealer could'nt diagnose because it was so intermittid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.