Amp wiring advice - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Amp wiring advice

Hey Guys,

Here is my current setup. I have an Avic D3 running all the speakers in the cabin. I have the OEM Subwoofer in the back.

i bought a new sub enclosure, 10 inch sub (400RMS) and a powerbass 600.4x amp. I want to use the amp to power the sub and the front speakers.

I want to bridge two channels for the subwoofer and then use the other two channels for the front speakers. I am going to run new speaker wires for front door speakers (I replaced them with nice 6x9's last year so for now I'm gonna keep using them) and route to amp. I'm going to run new wire for sub and route those to the amp.

Here is my question(s):
I am not sure how the amp would wire to the Avic D3's RCA Harness. The harness has a subwoofer out, rear output and front output.

Here is the back and front of the amp:

Here is the RCA wiring harness

The speaker wiring seems fairly obvious, I'm gonna bridge channel 1 and 2 for the sub and then take channels 3 and 4 for the fronts. I hope that's right.

What is confusing me is how would I wire from the amp to the Avic's RCA harness?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Les

Last edited by ljorges; 03-23-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Take the subwoofer RCA outputs from the Avic and plug those into ch 1 and 2 on the amp. Then take the front RCA speaker outputs front the Avic and plug them into ch 3 and 4 on the amp. That should be it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

My Build: WHOOP '12

Special thanks to the following vendors:
-Ricochet Offroad
-Metal-Tech
-TRDparts4U
-URD
-Brave Motorsports
-FJNewb
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Amp wiring advice

You will need RCA Cables.

Custom Fit FJ Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosures, We call them "MagicBox" 2X10" & 1X12"https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...icked-cas.html

FJ A-PILLARS FOR 3-WAY SPEAKERS ARE NOW READY https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...now-ready.html

JL AUDIO, HERTZ, FOCAL, KENWOOD, MEMPHIS, DYNAMAT, COMPUSTAR, CLIFFORD, AUDISON, ACCESSORIES PARTS AND MUCH MORE. Please call us with any needs for great service and unbeatable savings. 603-642-4222
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
football751 previously said: View Post
Take the subwoofer RCA outputs from the Avic and plug those into ch 1 and 2 on the amp. Then take the front RCA speaker outputs front the Avic and plug them into ch 3 and 4 on the amp. That should be it

I guess that was what was confusing me. I thought that each channel would have its own Red and White input on the amp but when you look at the amp it has a white input for channel one, a red one for channel 2, etc.

Les
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
ljorges previously said: View Post
I guess that was what was confusing me. I thought that each channel would have its own Red and White input on the amp but when you look at the amp it has a white input for channel one, a red one for channel 2, etc.

Les
That's because channel 1 is front left, channel 2 is front right, etc. Each speaker only receives one channel of audio input, so that overall you get a stereo effect. You don't want left and right audio both being sent to the passenger speaker, only right. The subwoofer does have both a L and R channel.

My Build: WHOOP '12

Special thanks to the following vendors:
-Ricochet Offroad
-Metal-Tech
-TRDparts4U
-URD
-Brave Motorsports
-FJNewb
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
football751 previously said: View Post
That's because channel 1 is front left, channel 2 is front right, etc. Each speaker only receives one channel of audio input, so that overall you get a stereo effect. You don't want left and right audio both being sent to the passenger speaker, only right. The subwoofer does have both a L and R channel.

Of course it makes sense when you say it!!!

Quick question about running the remote wire and power to the amp. I've read to run them on different sides of the truck to minimize noise/interferance. Is that true?

Also, any recomendations on a good amp wiring kit? I've seen from 15 bucks to over 100.

Thanks,

Les

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in