Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

fog lights

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  CowboyCEO 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if the goes in this area but I am considering new fog lights and I am not sure if I should go with clear or yellow.any thoughts

#4 ·
yellow

#5 ·
Yellow for sure! I just hooked up my PIAA 540 ion fogs and they perform amazingly well in fog and snow which we have had a ton of since hooking mine up. Huge difference! The color doesn't translate so well in the pic, but they are definitely yellow:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
I use the yellow too in the little bit of fog we get and the blizzard conditions. The yellow makes a nice contrast and helps a lot.

#9 ·
I think you probably want a driving light rather than a fog light. The fogs put off some decent light, but not as directional as a driving light. The main benefit of fogs is to cut through the fog or snow in a generalized area but not to light things up bright.

What I learned is that fogs need to be bumper level or lower. The lower the better. Driving lights are typically for above the bumper and are designed to point further down the road in varying degrees depending on the lights..
:cheers:

Where are you mounting them?

#11 ·
I am buying two sets of lights one driving and one fog. I have owned jeeps over the last 20 years and only had white fogs . I was looking at the Pisa but couldn't find anything on the ionplasma which are yellow iI didn't know how yellow they are .

#12 ·
I run the PIAA 540 Ion fogs and they definitely push yellow light. They don't look so yellow looking at the fogs themselves, even when they're lit.

#13 ·
I rock some Hello 55 watt work lamps that have a fog/flood pattern. They are like $20 each and get the job done well. Oh, They are clear lenses which I find more relaxing on the eyes over the long haul when there is cosistant light everywhere you need it. I have them on 75% of the time my lights are on. No Po-Po or Canadian Mounty hassles.

I saw this compairison of the two.

White light works better on the dead yet relective eyes of zombies and the Yellow gives their skin a glowing quality. So you should run both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.