Aftermarket Sound System - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Aftermarket Sound System

Good Afternoon

I have 2012 TT Fj cruiser

Looking for a little help with upgrading the Fj cruiser sound system. I have build two different sets and will like to know if you will switch any of the components for other ones in order to save price etc and if you have any experience with the components I selected

The locations will be as following Component 6.5 Door Twitter Dash, Coaxial 2 way in the C Pillar, Twitter Coaxial D Pillar, Subwoofer Passenger Side

I will keep my aftermarket HU and will add a Audiocontroller LCQ-1

First Setup

Sound System FJ Cruiser Hertz Price
Component 6.5 ESK 165 $175.00
Coaxial 2 Way 6.5 ECX 165 $100.00
Twitter Coaxial ET 26.5 $65.00
5 Channel Amplifier HDP5 $525.00
Subwoofer Two ES F 20.5
Subwoofer Enclosure Costum

Audiocontroller LCQ - 1 $150.00

TOTAL $1,015.00 (without subwoofer and enclosure including 150 of Audiocontroller)

Second Setup

Sound System FJ Cruiser Jl Audio Price
Component 6.5 C2650 $175.00
Coaxial 2 Way 6.5 C2 650 X $100.00
Twitter Coaxial TR050 -T $70. 00
5 Channel Amplifier XD700/5v2 $599.00
Subwoofer w3v3

Audiocontroller LCQ - 1 $150.00
TOTAL $1,094.00 (without subwoofer and enclosure including 150 of Audiocontroller)

I read multiple post about different sound system and really appreciate all the help from the forum

I will not like to exceed $1800

As far as music taste it really varies by mood, really rarely listen to country music or rap. Mostly House
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Aftermarket Sound System

Just my opinion, I would go with the second set up. I use to work at a car audio shop and we sold both of those brands and many others. I think JL Audio is the best way to go. It has the best quality of sound, made to last, and is very efficient. I have had many system is my cars and the last 3 systems (I would change my whole system twice a year when the new stuff would come out... yes crazy I know) were JL and it is the only brand I will put in my vehicles anymore. My last all out system I had a JL w7 in a mustang. I built the enclosure myself. I will post a couple pics below. Overall JL I believe is the best way to go. Hertz is good but not on JL's level.

Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Thank you very much I will run the JL. Do you know if its true that if the installation is not professionally the warranty will be voided they are charging me basically 400 for the installation which i think is to expensive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Dsanc044 previously said: View Post
Thank you very much I will run the JL. Do you know if its true that if the installation is not professionally the warranty will be voided they are charging me basically 400 for the installation which i think is to expensive
JL warranty appears to have changed and that is causing some confusion. In the past (my JL Audio 500/5 and 300/2) were covered with this warranty.

"JL AUDIO warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days from the original date of purchase. The warranty term is extended to two (2) years if installation is performed or approved by an authorized JL AUDIO dealer (proof of installation or approval required on purchase receipt)."

Present JL amps are covered with this other warranty.

"]JL AUDIO warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the original date of purchase.
This warranty is not transferable and applies only to the original purchaser from an authorized JL AUDIO dealer."

The main thing is that you buy the JL items from an authorized JL seller; otherwise you have no warranty. Many online sellers have access to overseas or defaced (removed serial no's) items that are not warranted at all. Can read more details at the JL site (downloadable manuals with warranty details in there too .

In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep it simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present. - Tao Te Ching

2014 AT Iceberg w/Off Road & Convenience packages - LT255/80R17E Pizza Cutters on OEM steelies
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Thank you very much for the information. The prices for the JL setup in my nearby authorize dealer where crazy therefore will go for hertz setup although I decided to change for a 3 way system after reading a little more. Hertz warranty will be 2 years and the installation will be performed at the same place where purchasing my equipment.

The Equipment is as follow.

Sound System FJ Cruiser Hertz
Component 3 Way HSK 163.4
5 Channel Amplifier HDP5
Subwoofer (2) ES F 20.5 ( Flat 8'' subwoofer passenger side)
Audiocontroller LCQ - 1

Since I am going with a pretty good set up in my opinion I was thinking about either using any form of dynamite for the doors and back or instead of using the LCQ-1 Audiocontroller use the Audison Bit One. This will max out my budget so I have to use between the audio controller or the dynamat.

Should I go with dynamat or upgraded audioController. I can always due dynamat later
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
No Problem, Anytime I love to help! Yes this is semi true if you buy online from someone other than JL you are most like out of luck on warranty, but if you buy from JL's website or a JL dealer Car Audio shop you should be fine. We were a dealer and our policy (most JL dealers were this way) was if we install it for you we would warranty it by swapping it out right then with new product so you didn't have to wait on sending it back. If you installed it yourself we would send it back for you but would not swap it out with product we had in the store. As for buying direct from JL they have great customer service and they will help you out as long as you just didn't do something stupid while hooking it up to mess something up. They mainly say that with warranty for a couple reasons. 1. Car audio equipment if installed wrong can be ruined quickly 2. So you the dealer can make a little money and it be put in right (the dealer cost is pretty close to retail. We made most of the money off of install and accessories) If you have any questions about anything I will be glad ro help! I love this kind of stuff. I wish I still worked there. I worked there for over 2 years but left due to college classes getting in the way. I had to rush my system in my FJ because I knew I was leaving soon. I did a very simple system this time, because of a college student budget and I dint want a super crazy system again I believe those days are over. If you want to see my set up now here is a link. It is on page 1 of my build. Sorry no pics of the speakers though
Muley a college student build

Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Forum Veteran

Also good choice with the AudioControl! I imagine your keeping the stock radio and using it? Audio control is a great product the shop I was at has been carrying it for over 25 years!

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Yes want to keep the stock radio so I don't loose the bluetooth iPod connectivity and steering wheels controls. I know they can be added to an aftermarket unit but will involve extra cost on getting the adapters plus if I ever want to put the stock system back on is a pain to remove everything.

Have you ever try de Audison Bit One D?? I might be able to get it for 225 more than audicontroller??
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Just check your build going to get the Springtail Solutions BackPack Holder Today I am also at student at Miami and just started modifying the Fj Cruiser needed to pay my school loans first.

Already did all the lighting 4 Dually front top oem roof rack and 2 on the back Amazing for camping. I have the trail team so I haven't changed the suspension will go with the Old Man Emu heavy but will do it after the stereo. Currently if i lift the FJ Cruiser I will not be able to park it in my building or work and right now is more than capable of the offloading I do.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)

Quote:
Thank you very much for the information. The prices for the JL setup in my nearby authorize dealer where crazy therefore will go for hertz setup although I decided to change for a 3 way system after reading a little more. Hertz warranty will be 2 years and the installation will be performed at the same place where purchasing my equipment.

The Equipment is as follow.

Sound System FJ Cruiser Hertz
Component 3 Way HSK 163.4
5 Channel Amplifier HDP5
Subwoofer (2) ES F 20.5 ( Flat 8'' subwoofer passenger side)
Audiocontroller LCQ - 1

Since I am going with a pretty good set up in my opinion I was thinking about either using any form of dynamite for the doors and back or instead of using the LCQ-1 Audiocontroller use the Audison Bit One. This will max out my budget so I have to use between the audio controller or the dynamat.

Should I go with dynamat or upgraded audioController. I can always due dynamat later
I would not use and Audio Control piece with that setup, but do get an aftermarket head-unit, the factory head-unit isn't a good match with the aftermarket gear your getting, yeah you don't need rear speakers with a good component set-up, bi-amp the 3 ways component and you're set, i would get 1 sub with more balls that the one you picked like a JL W6 or W7 10"

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in