$500 Audio Upgrade - Page 19 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

 73Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 197 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 08:51 AM
Forum Superstar
 
ZoSoIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

MaharSperling one more thing you will need is the JL Audio HD-RLC Amplifier Remote Level Control and Cable and their amp pacific XD ,Slash amp etc so get the correct one

https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-HD-R...4N97G31KBBFWFF

ZoSoIV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 197 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
MaharSperling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

Quote:
ZoSoIV previously said: View Post
MaharSperling one more thing you will need is the JL Audio HD-RLC Amplifier Remote Level Control and Cable and their amp pacific XD ,Slash amp etc so get the correct one

https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-HD-R...4N97G31KBBFWFF
the guy who is selling it says it comes with a remote control. Should be the right one. Really appreciate the heads up though
ZoSoIV likes this.
MaharSperling is offline  
post #183 of 197 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
MaharSperling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

Got the amp, components and sub in last Friday. Wow, what a difference with the components! Everything sounds much clearer but its especially noticeable with rap where its sometimes hard to tell what they are saying and would sound muddled previously. Also much easier to hear lyrics at high volume without having them drowned out by the sub. Having a real sub has exposed a world of other rattles though so I plan on doing some serious sound deadening over the summer. We ran out of time to do it on Friday.
MaharSperling is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #184 of 197 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Forum Superstar
 
ZoSoIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

great man finally there ...on that sub make sure it isn't the subthump box , it could be

ZoSoIV is offline  
post #185 of 197 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
MaharSperling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

Hahaha yeah only took three years. That said I think I'm enjoying it more now since I had to wait. Will definitely take a second look at the box. Thanks!
MaharSperling is offline  
post #186 of 197 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 08:13 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 493
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

Interesting thread.
I was wondering how you like the alpine ilx-207?
I Currently have one of the Alpine single din units and was thinking of switching to the 207 for the car play/android auto features.
What i'm not sure of is does the car play/android auto mirror your phone?
Would I need an HDMI cable adapter to do this or is it wireless?
In other words whats needed to use the torque app or other real time apps?
My setup consists of the following:
Alpine CDE-HD149BT (to be replaced)
Alpine 6.5" components with tweeters and cross over
Alpine inline 445 amp
Alpine PWE-S8 under seat sub
System sounds great, just need the phone integration(android auto).
And need some good sound deadening.


TLCA 19971
07 FJ
MODS:
A/T KO2's, SWAY-A-WAY ,TOTAL CHAOS UCA, GPS MIRROR MOUNT, PRE-CLEANER, SIDE VISORS,
METALTECH OPOR SLIDERS, SCAN GAUGE, MPAC GOODIES, DUAL BATTERY MOD, TOY OUTFITTERS FRONT BUMPER KIT, RICOCHET ARMOR, SUPERCHARGER

MORE ON THE WAY
--------------------
Past Vehicles:
70 FJ40
73 FJ40
USA4X4 is offline  
post #187 of 197 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:01 PM
Forum Superstar
 
ZoSoIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

Quote:
USA4X4 previously said: View Post
Interesting thread.
I was wondering how you like the alpine ilx-207?
I Currently have one of the Alpine single din units and was thinking of switching to the 207 for the car play/android auto features.
What i'm not sure of is does the car play/android auto mirror your phone?
Would I need an HDMI cable adapter to do this or is it wireless?
In other words whats needed to use the torque app or other real time apps?
My setup consists of the following:
Alpine CDE-HD149BT (to be replaced)
Alpine 6.5" components with tweeters and cross over
Alpine inline 445 amp
Alpine PWE-S8 under seat sub
System sounds great, just need the phone integration(android auto).
And need some good sound deadening.
I’d stop in at a Alpine dealer or call Alpine and talk to tech support to get the info you need... and btw I would be interested in that CDE-HD149BT , let me know on that


Last edited by ZoSoIV; 01-21-2019 at 02:03 PM.
ZoSoIV is offline  
post #188 of 197 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
MaharSperling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

Quote:
USA4X4 previously said: View Post
Interesting thread.
I was wondering how you like the alpine ilx-207?
I Currently have one of the Alpine single din units and was thinking of switching to the 207 for the car play/android auto features.
What i'm not sure of is does the car play/android auto mirror your phone?
Would I need an HDMI cable adapter to do this or is it wireless?
In other words whats needed to use the torque app or other real time apps?
My setup consists of the following:
Alpine CDE-HD149BT (to be replaced)
Alpine 6.5" components with tweeters and cross over
Alpine inline 445 amp
Alpine PWE-S8 under seat sub
System sounds great, just need the phone integration(android auto).
And need some good sound deadening.
I agree with ZoSo that talking to a dealer or even Crutchfield chat would be the best way to get answers to your questions. I use CarPlay and have not had an opportunity to try out android auto. Either way, you will need to plug in your phone. The 107 is wireless but does not support android. I believe the 207 can be plugged directly into the car for diagnostics and real time info similar to torque or maybe even using torque.

Android Auto looks super useful with google assistant. I don't think I'm going to buy an android any time soon but apple really needs to up Siri's intelligence and let third party apps use her for voice control
MaharSperling is offline  
post #189 of 197 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 06:21 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 493
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

Quote:
ZoSoIV previously said: View Post
Id stop in at a Alpine dealer or call Alpine and talk to tech support to get the info you need... and btw I would be interested in that CDE-HD149BT , let me know on that
I will be in touch as soon as I find out if the 207 will do what I think it does.
BTW you helped me out year before last on my setup. Thanks for that.
ZoSoIV likes this.


TLCA 19971
07 FJ
MODS:
A/T KO2's, SWAY-A-WAY ,TOTAL CHAOS UCA, GPS MIRROR MOUNT, PRE-CLEANER, SIDE VISORS,
METALTECH OPOR SLIDERS, SCAN GAUGE, MPAC GOODIES, DUAL BATTERY MOD, TOY OUTFITTERS FRONT BUMPER KIT, RICOCHET ARMOR, SUPERCHARGER

MORE ON THE WAY
--------------------
Past Vehicles:
70 FJ40
73 FJ40
USA4X4 is offline  
post #190 of 197 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Forum Superstar
 
ZoSoIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Re: $500 Audio Upgrade

Quote:
USA4X4 previously said: View Post
I will be in touch as soon as I find out if the 207 will do what I think it does.
BTW you helped me out year before last on my setup. Thanks for that.
Yup I remember, if you happen to change it out let me know on the CDE-HD149BT , I sold my FJ this past September and bought a 1970 RS Z/28 and need a single din for it and the Alpine would be perfect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EB66B3D0-FFA3-44C4-A7A3-2067DD3AE609.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	605.7 KB
ID:	1065334  
darkhorse13 and Rains Lee like this.

ZoSoIV is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Tags
base , jbl , speakers , upgrade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
LocoFJ
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome