NEW FJ CRUISER A-PILLAR 3-Way Pods from Wicked CAS - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NEW FJ CRUISER A-PILLAR 3-Way Pods from Wicked CAS

We are very excited about these pods! We had a lot of inquiries to make these available and we have now finally found a way to make them.

Pods will be sold on our website and can also be ordered by phone.

Website price is $319.95 + core charge of $160. The core charge will be waived as long as we get your A-pillars before we ship the modified ones to you. You can also choose to order them with a new set of A-pillars which will add $160 to the price.

HERE IS THE FORUM DEAL: $50 OFF
So $269.95 for FORUM MEMBERS + Core FEE.

IMPORTANT : You must specify when ordering that you are a member of FJ CRUISER FORUMS and your member name in order to get the $50 DISCOUNT. We will automaticaly take the $50 off from the total before we charge your credit card.
You can order the pods here
Wicked C.A.S.*::*Speaker PODS*::*Toyota - FJ A-pillar 3 way Pods

You can also order the pods with speakers on our website. We have JL AUDIO XR653Cs and FOCAL K2 3-Ways available. Just simply choose your option in the option box below. You are welcome to call us and have them custom made for your own speakers you may already have; if this is the case you will need to send us your speakers (just the 4" and the Tweeters as we do not need the 6.5" or the mid bass driver).

If you want to keep your A-pillars and you want a set of modified pods, just select the option that says "pods + Core charge." This will get you a set of pods and you do not need to send us yours.

It will take about a week to complete the order which will give everyone sufficient enough time to send up their pods. This allows for a smooth transaction without the core fee involved. If we do not get your pods on time we will charge you the $160 extra and then refund you the $160 as soon as we get your A-pillars. Your stock A-pillars must be re-usable.

Last edited by Nazar; 12-08-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Forum Regular

Re: NEW FJ CRUISER A-PILLAR 3-Way Pods from Wicked CAS

Dynaudio 360 compatable? What are the specs (opening sizes) on these?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
RavenFJ previously said: View Post
Dynaudio 360 compatable? What are the specs (opening sizes) on these?

They are custom made. Not universal. We can make them for your Dynaudio speakers. You will need to send us your speakers. (4" and the tweeter)

We make look into a universal A-pillars later on, But to achieve the best look and the finest finished product we are making them per your needs. Atleast for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Are these airbag compatible? Also, what does this do to the soundstage with the midrange and tweets being so far away from the midbass?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
mr tibbs previously said: View Post
Are these airbag compatible? Also, what does this do to the soundstage with the midrange and tweets being so far away from the midbass?
I bet they will sound good eitherway. A car/truck is a horrible soundstage to start with.

Those are really nice pieces.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Nazar previously said: View Post
They are custom made. Not universal. We can make them for your Dynaudio speakers. You will need to send us your speakers. (4" and the tweeter)

We make look into a universal A-pillars later on, But to achieve the best look and the finest finished product we are making them per your needs. Atleast for now.
Thanks anyway, not willing to ship speakers to you.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

could I see a picture of finished A pillars from wicked cas that are not from the c.a.s. website i would like to see honestly what I am paying for. All said and done
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 09:13 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)

Quote:
Adam Costa previously said: View Post
could I see a picture of finished A pillars from wicked cas that are not from the c.a.s. website i would like to see honestly what I am paying for. All said and done

They donít look great not even close the what mine look like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62BC5261-D1EE-4CF5-8894-7AF590D2CD12.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	1093568   Click image for larger version

Name:	3AFF72EB-89DA-42B3-B937-585533489CF9.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	1093570  

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)

It sure how the pics ended up sideways

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

As a hobbyist custom car audio fabricator, let me say that making proper pods out of A-pillar panels is one tough mother to do correctly, and with a style that fits the vehicle while not blocking the driver's vision. Not to mention the issues with acoustic placement and reflections, as well as comb filtering effects, etc. etc.

BTW, this was almost a 12 year old post, so things may have changed since then!

Edit: Went to their site, https://shop.wickedcas.com/toyota---...?category_id=3 seems to get there. I have not acoustically auditioned these but my visual impression is that the tweeter and mid are too far apart from each other to be ideal. When considering the frequency range that the tweeter and mid will share at the acoustic crossover point (which is the amalgamation of several factors including electrical crossover point), the distance of a driver from another can affect sound in a way that could be hard to compensate for with DSP. What I'm saying here is that with few exceptions, the mid and tweeter should be as close together as reasonable so at the crossover point, there is less comb filtering (positive and negative interference patterns depending on the listening point and frequency.)

One thing I noticed about my FJ as soon as I got it is that the factory tweeter locations are darn near ideal on their own. The placement, angle, etc is all acoustically really close to perfect, even without DSP. If the pillars had a midrange installed at their bottom and angled in slightly (close to the factory tweeter location point), that could end up being a great starting point.

2012 Cavalry Blue - 3" Toytec BOSS 2.0 lift, JBA Control arms, Fuel Anza 17x8.5, Patagonia M/T 285/70-17, roof wrapped in Avery satin black vinyl, all work DIY for better or worse

Last edited by Lanson; 09-19-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in