Android Stereo Upgrade - Page 75 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

363Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #741 of 962 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 08:12 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Re: Android Stereo Upgrade

@prjoe thoughts and prayers to you, your family, and all the fine fellow citizens of Puerto Rico

2014 Iceberg, Rear E-locker front ARB air locker 4.88 Yukon gears , A-trac, Demello aluminum front bumper, Front sway bar disconnects Smittybilt X20 10k lb winch with Factor 55 thimble, ICON Extended travel front / rear with ICON Overland springs ICON tubular UCAs ICON billet aluminum rear LCA Viair OBA system
Total Chaos spindle gussets , BudBuilt front skid, Budbuilt mid skid ,Allpro sliders, Fuel Anza wheels, anthracite w/black beadlocks, Amazeing hood decal BFG 35x70x17 km2 cool stickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #742 of 962 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Forum Veteran

I finally decided on this joying unit

Joying Android6.0 Car GPS Radio Stereo fr Toyota Camry Cruiser Corolla 2007-2013 | eBay

I also found this video on a screen extension cable.. looks really cool .. just cant find a link to buy it tho

2014 Iceberg, Rear E-locker front ARB air locker 4.88 Yukon gears , A-trac, Demello aluminum front bumper, Front sway bar disconnects Smittybilt X20 10k lb winch with Factor 55 thimble, ICON Extended travel front / rear with ICON Overland springs ICON tubular UCAs ICON billet aluminum rear LCA Viair OBA system
Total Chaos spindle gussets , BudBuilt front skid, Budbuilt mid skid ,Allpro sliders, Fuel Anza wheels, anthracite w/black beadlocks, Amazeing hood decal BFG 35x70x17 km2 cool stickers
post #743 of 962 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Want to thank the people who posted in here before and helped me make the choice and it turned out to be a great one! This radio went in easier than any of the several I've done in the past and is working amazing!

https://www.carjoying.com/782.html

thane likes this.

Last edited by GTStang; 09-30-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #744 of 962 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:26 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
GTStang previously said: View Post
Want to thank the people people who posted in here before me helped me make the choice and it turned out to be a great one! This radio went in easier than any of the several I've done in the past and is working amazing!

https://www.carjoying.com/782.html

Looks good. I've had the carjoying unit for 2 years and still working fine but I like the bigger screen that you have.

2013 Iceberg AT 4x4 | Ghost FJ Build | Instagram
post #745 of 962 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Loganbeere previously said: View Post
Looks good. I've had the carjoying unit for 2 years and still working fine but I like the bigger screen that you have.
Joying seems to really have their act together lot's of youtube videos on how to make things work. I bought mine on eBay from then for $280 shipped and the had it to me in MA in 5 days by DHL. Still appreciate all the early adopters who risked their money first and shared the info.

Only had 2 issues so far, the factory sub does not work with just plugging in the harness that came with it but I think I just need to run the 12V remote turn on down to the switch. Also I mounted the GPS antenna in the multi-gauge with the compass and it caused the compass to stop working. I think that is cause Joying put a magnet in the antenna for ease roof mounting. So should be an easy fix.

Also bought the ELM 327 OBD for $5 for the torque app included and it works like a charm.

Will be buying a backup camera soon to give that a try also.
FatJohnson likes this.
post #746 of 962 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Joying seems to really have their act together lot's of youtube videos on how to make things work. I bought mine on eBay from then for $280 shipped and the had it to me in MA in 5 days by DHL. Still appreciate all the early adopters who risked their money first and shared the info.

Only had 2 issues so far, the factory sub does not work with just plugging in the harness that came with it but I think I just need to run the 12V remote turn on down to the switch. Also I mounted the GPS antenna in the multi-gauge with the compass and it caused the compass to stop working. I think that is cause Joying put a magnet in the antenna for ease roof mounting. So should be an easy fix.

Also bought the ELM 327 OBD for $5 for the torque app included and it works like a charm.

I don't have a subwoofer so I can't comment on that but I also placed the gps antenna inside the dashpod/multigauge and never had a problem. Been like that for 2 years. I might have to upgrade to the one you have in the near future.
Sparky of SoCal likes this.

2013 Iceberg AT 4x4 | Ghost FJ Build | Instagram
post #747 of 962 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:

Did you have steering wheel controls? if so how hard were they to get to work?

post #748 of 962 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Heliguide previously said: View Post
Did you have steering wheel controls? if so how hard were they to get to work?
Pretty easy on my 07 but I only have the LH controls. There is a learn function in one of the setup menus, that's where you want to be. Can't imagine the call buttons wouldn't work too.
post #749 of 962 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
istambull previously said: View Post
Pretty easy on my 07 but I only have the LH controls. There is a learn function in one of the setup menus, that's where you want to be. Can't imagine the call buttons wouldn't work too.
Good to hear.. Did you have to use an extra harness? To connect the steering wheel controls?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

post #750 of 962 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Heliguide previously said: View Post
Good to hear.. Did you have to use an extra harness? To connect the steering wheel controls?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
nope, just the HU.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Tags
android , stereo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in