Anti-Ipod, anyone??? - Page 5 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Fjamming Send a message via Skype™ to Fjamming
Re: Anti-Ipod, anyone???

Too much bloatware already. Ipod is the PC version of Creative Labs.

Click for the "Genie" build up
Sandoo Blue FJ
Walker Evans 2.5 dia. front shocks, adj. rear reservoir shocks, Pro Links. AP F&R bumpers, AP 1.25" UCA, Demello skid, TMax 9000 Competition winch. Viking Trail Line. Hankook MT RE03. Trail Gear Sliders, Aeroflow, Lightforce Blitz 240 50W HID, All Pro Swing Out. Bajarack custom low-pro rack. Ricochet LCA armor.
SoCal Events Calendar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Style4X4 previously said: View Post
I thought this was an anti-ipod thread not an "I LOVE MY iPOD". We didn't mean to offend the ipod nation (hey, I am an ipod/apple/macintosh citizen too). What's so good about bashing threads like this one (besides making some feel "they know it all"), is that a few people share their knowledge defending their precious toy so we all learn something... so far I haven't read any responses to the ipod issues I mentioned earlier. I was just told I didn't know ** about ipods....

Cheers
As per Apple's technical support....

To reset your iPod:

* 1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
* 2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

It is rather simple step and had to do this to my nano when a third party FM transmitter 'locked' up my unit.

I find that when I have problems with a device, reading the technical support pages of the company that made the device is a good start.

I love my iPod and with the amount of travelling I do, I can't live without it. The iPod helps the time go by quickly, but why do the flight attendants insist on talking to you while your wearing headphones??? Now that bothers me the most......!

For so long as 100 men remain alive, we shall never under any conditions submit to the domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which no good man will consent to lose but with his life. - THE DECLARATION OF ARBROATH, 1320

Mods: Dash Cam, Yaesu FTM-10R Mobile Ham, VE6RAO
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
CanadaFJ previously said: View Post
As per Apple's technical support....

To reset your iPod:

* 1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
* 2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

It is rather simple step and had to do this to my nano when a third party FM transmitter 'locked' up my unit.

I find that when I have problems with a device, reading the technical support pages of the company that made the device is a good start.

I love my iPod and with the amount of travelling I do, I can't live without it. The iPod helps the time go by quickly, but why do the flight attendants insist on talking to you while your wearing headphones??? Now that bothers me the most......!
CanadaFj, Thanks for sharing that info but I have tried everything... any possible senario.. I even took it to an apple store once when it had crashed. They told me that I had to let it use up all the battery for it to reboot. I remember having more luck with my previous model ipod (non-video ipods) their instructions always helped me solve my issues. When my ipod crashes instead of toggling the hold swtiches and pressing and holding two keys at the same time repeatedly, wouldn't that be easier if they had an ON/OFF SWITCH??
I mean would that be too 90's , too micorsoft looking, if it did actually have an on/off switch... I am sure many ipod owners would agree with me.

By the way, in response to those who say we are bashing a product but buy and use it anyway... As a faithful consumer who paid $300-$400 on a supposed-to-be promising product, I am entitled to make some suggestion to the company, have a wish-list and criticize the porduct. I am sure Apple wants to hear from both those who love ipod and those who hate/dislike/or wish it was made better.

You know what bothers me the most? You have the window seat, your eyes are closed listening to your ipod and nobody bothers to wake you up when flight attendants come with the drink cart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
CanadaFj, Thanks for sharing that info but I have tried everything... any possible senario.. I even took it to an apple store once when it had crashed. They told me that I had to let it use up all the battery for it to reboot. I remember having more luck with my previous model ipod (non-video ipods) their instructions always helped me solve my issues. When my ipod crashes instead of toggling the hold swtiches and pressing and holding two keys at the same time repeatedly, wouldn't that be easier if they had an ON/OFF SWITCH??
I mean would that be too 90's , too micorsoft looking, if it did actually have an on/off switch... I am sure many ipod owners would agree with me.

By the way, in response to those who say we are bashing a product but buy and use it anyway... As a faithful consumer who paid $300-$400 on a supposed-to-be promising product, I am entitled to make some suggestion to the company, have a wish-list and criticize the porduct. I am sure Apple wants to hear from both those who love ipod and those who hate/dislike/or wish it was made better.

You know what bothers me the most? You have the window seat, your eyes are closed listening to your ipod and nobody bothers to wake you up when flight attendants come with the drink cart.
Have you updated your iPod's firmware? Apple's original iPods suffered from a few bugs and if I recall correctly, also suffered from hard drive failures. Just make sure you back up your music first to ensure that the firmware updates do not over write your music files.

For so long as 100 men remain alive, we shall never under any conditions submit to the domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which no good man will consent to lose but with his life. - THE DECLARATION OF ARBROATH, 1320

Mods: Dash Cam, Yaesu FTM-10R Mobile Ham, VE6RAO
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
ipod-itune is always a one way street. (shouldn't that be illegal?)
Would this help make it more like a 2-way street?

This program will allow you transfer your songs off your iPod to a PC, iDump does come wrapped in installer but you can simply drop the .exe in the root directory on your iPod and run it from there.

Connect you iPod and run iDump and you'll have access to all your songs, select the songs you want to transfer then pick a destination directory and how you would like your songs to be named. And then sit back and transfer all the selected songs to the PC.

CodersHole

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in