CompuStar Alarms. Where to buy? - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: CompuStar Alarms. Where to buy?

Quote:
Briman42487 previously said: View Post
i have probably had and installed more alarms that you have ever seen. the 5900 you have to hit the buttons for all doors to unlock within a certain amount of time. it is actually easier to just keep hitting unlock until it does what you want. same with remote start. the range is pretty poor actually. i know antenna placement has a lot to do with it, as does tint, but it is way less than it should be. with my compustars, i just hold down the start button for about two seconds. never hesitates. also on the generic white remotes it still gives you a visual confirmation as to making the command, not two way, but shows that your remote actually did what it should do. as for unlock, much easier as well. just a better setup.
Quote:
zero problems of the sort with compustar. its just a better alarm, period.

I have installed a few car alarms also, but never installed a compustar unit. But two of my friends have em. one of em changed it and went to a clifford alarm because it was annoying to setup the remote start everytime he leaves his truck. and the fact that the buttons on the side gets hit by accident alot. granted the range is awesome but because its easy to depress the button unknowingly. causes concern. one plus about the compustar is the fact that it has a friggin clock. i don't know why but i wish the clifford had one.

Jeff B 07, 4X4, Blk, M/T, W/E adjustable, A/P H/D rear lower links, 285 70 17 BFG Mud, Thorley Headers, A/P front bumper, DO rear bumper, DO Sliders, Titan 10,000lb winch, Budbuilt skids, Kenwood DNN991HD, Reverse Cam, CDT Audio ES "braxial" 6 1/2 speakers w/upstage, Helix A2 amp, Galaxy DX 959 CB, Bandi mount, 102" whip antenna, ext spkr. from those now useful headliner spkrs. scan gauge II. Compustar alarm, stinger battery.
"If you don't like it, change it, if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
toytaco previously said: View Post
I have installed a few car alarms also, but never installed a compustar unit. But two of my friends have em. one of em changed it and went to a clifford alarm because it was annoying to setup the remote start everytime he leaves his truck. and the fact that the buttons on the side gets hit by accident alot. granted the range is awesome but because its easy to depress the button unknowingly. causes concern. one plus about the compustar is the fact that it has a friggin clock. i don't know why but i wish the clifford had one.
i dont have any problems with any of the compustar remotes. and setting up the remote start before he leaves the car. the most i do is leave on the AC/Heater. he must have a manual, which compustar is the most accomodating, but since remote starts cant be integrated smoothly with any manual, that is a BS argument. i have never on any remote hit buttons unless i am kneeling and my pant leg pushes them. the compustar is a little better than the viper remote at that too. its just a better alarm and remote, and range is phenominal with the compustar. just accept it.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Please let us know when you receive it..... would like to know if it is what your looking for...

-Loaded 6MT
Mods-
-2 Hella Rally 4000 Fogs on Brush Bar 100w yellow fog bulbs
-2 Hella Rally 4000 Compacts Driving Beam on Manik Light bar
-2 Hella Rally 4000 Compacts Pencil Beam on Manik Light bar
-Hella FF75 Fog Kit (rear underside roof rack)
-Manik Rear Tail Guards
-4 OEM Toyota FJ Aux Fog Switches
-Dirty Parts Dual Battery Kit
-4 Extra Cross Bars W/ Thule Ski Rack
-Fourtreks Hi-Jack Mount
-Pioneer Avic D3 XM Traffic Nav Bluetooth Ipod
-Heated Mirrors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
i have probably had and installed more alarms that you have ever seen. ......... also on the generic white remotes it still gives you a visual confirmation as to making the command, not two way, but shows that your remote actually did what it should do. as for unlock, much easier as well. just a better setup.
I have seen the VIPER 5900 on the web for around $225, while the Compustar is $360....in your expert opinion....is the Compustar worth the difference ? I KNOW the diference is peanuts compared to the price of what is being protected....just wondering if the Compustar is worth the extra $135, in terms of: design, features, reliability, ease of installation/use?

BTW, the ad on the Compustar model in question said the remote was a two-way.

Thanks!
Ken

2007 Silver/Titanium
Purchased 5-11-07
Stock
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Sliver previously said: View Post
I have seen the VIPER 5900 on the web for around $225, while the Compustar is $360....in your expert opinion....is the Compustar worth the difference ? I KNOW the diference is peanuts compared to the price of what is being protected....just wondering if the Compustar is worth the extra $135, in terms of: design, features, reliability, ease of installation/use?

BTW, the ad on the Compustar model in question said the remote was a two-way.

Thanks!
Ken
first off, the viper 5900 and compustar arent that cheap. from authorized dealers which is the only way you should buy the alarms (installers generally wont install something you dont buy from them, this is especially true for alarms), those alarms are probably upwards for 550. the compustar is a better alarm. i like my compustars way better than my 5900. better ergonomics, better design on the buttons and how they function, and better real world range.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in