Dome light tap?? easier way?? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dome light tap?? easier way??

I have read through several threads but I am still having problems.I picked up L.E.D.'s at PEP boys,& they do the job nicely,(mounted them under glove box & in the foot area on driver side. I was just looking at MichEE's thread & tapped the same wire going into the fuse box,result:lights on all the time. He said the lights go off after 10 min.'s or so. Mine were still on after 20, & I gave up,its about 6 degrees & dark out there.FJ don't fit in garage. Is there an easier way, short of fishing the head liner for dome lead to make them go on & off with the door?? If I pull the switch out of the door jamb there are 2 wires but not much play to work with,also very small wires. If anyone knows of a fuse or another wire I can tap please let me know. Sorry to rambel,lots of coffee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in