Door Speaker questions - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By cwayneb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Door Speaker questions

So I've been reading through the threads on the door speakers and haven't seen what I'm wondering about come up. Hopefully it's a non-issue and that's why.

I bought some 6x9's to replace the stock speakers with. I haven't taken the door panels off and I've only seen pictures and videos but I'm wondering if the window goes down in the door far enough that it might hit the speaker/magnet? The speakers I bought have huge magnets on them, but no one else seems to have mentioned any problem with this. Also, what keeps water (rain, etc.) from going down inside the door and damaging the speakers? Is it necessary to do something preventative to keep that from happening? Thanks in advance.

cwayneb
aka "Paladin"
"Have Bike - Will Travel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 01:27 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Re: Door Speaker questions

Window won’t hit it , never a problem rain getting inside the doors or the doors would rust , it’s a good idea to use sound deadening too

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ZoSoIV previously said: View Post
Window won’t hit it , never a problem rain getting inside the doors or the doors would rust , it’s a good idea to use sound deadening too
Thanks Zoso. The weather here ended up being nice enough that I could go ahead and work on the FJ today. This morning I hadn't gotten any replies so I just went ahead and swapped the speakers out. I didn't see any sign of water having gotten in the door so I figured it'd be ok. Tried the window out after installing and it doesn't hit, just like you said. Wow, those stock 6 x 9's are a joke! Everything is working now so at this point I've added a sub, put super tweeters in the dash, changed out the door speakers, and put a set of Infinity 3.5" in the C Pillars. I've already got an aftermarket double din head unit so I've done everything I'm going to do with the sound system now. It sounds pretty good considering I did it on a small budget. Thanks again for replying!!
ZoSoIV likes this.

cwayneb
aka "Paladin"
"Have Bike - Will Travel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Forum Superstar

Sure man glad all turned out well , yeah the stock speakers are a joke ��

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
cwayneb previously said: View Post
... Everything is working now so at this point I've added a sub, put super tweeters in the dash, changed out the door speakers, and put a set of Infinity 3.5" in the C Pillars...
Would you mind listing the speakers you got? I've replaced the head unit, arms in looking at doing the speakers next.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2011 FJ
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:51 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
OmegaRoach previously said: View Post
Would you mind listing the speakers you got? I've replaced the head unit, arms in looking at doing the speakers next.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Any 6x9 works , set a budget and go from there , Keep in mind the 6x9s with the soft or silk dome tweeters are going to sound better/smoother like the JL Audio or Alpine, Kicker has one also

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_52300/6-x9-Speakers.html

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in