Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Flush mounted grill lights????

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  JPR 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

I was wondering if it would de too difficult to install some lights mustang style on the grill? Kindda like this

I am trying to picture it in the FJ. I am going to try to play with photoshop to see if I can get something done to get an idea.

let me know what you guys think.

See less See more
#7 ·
Oh yeahhhhh I love this. I would just mount two of them to keep the toyota emblem there but this is great. I will be doing it for sure. Can you PM your buddy and see if he has installation Pics???? I would appreciate it.

Thanks and happy new years to all my fellow FJ community!!!!!!!

#5 ·
I like the idea. As long as their is enough room between the grille and the radiator I don't see any problems. You could use the lights as a template, remove the grille, and cut them out with a Dremel tool to get a clean, custom fit/look. As others have said you might have to remount the horn but that's easy.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

#16 ·
JP, I think that with your ARB bumper + the two HID you just bought + in the future the box for the Winch, I think the "mustang style lights" will be almost if not completely cover by the ARB bar, the other 2 lights!, and by the box. I don't think you will have room enough to put some lights behind the grill. IMO they will be useless because they will be cover by other stuff. Tha'ts just how I picture those lights behind your grill

#17 ·
Yeap, your are right. I had this idea before I considered installing the ARB on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.