E-Locker? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
E-Locker?

just wondering if the E-locker is the same as the rear diff. lock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: E-Locker?

Quote:
jgrob85 previously said: View Post
just wondering if the E-locker is the same as the rear diff. lock?
Yup, its an electricly actuated rear diff lock thats what the E means

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7470_2.gif
Quote:
cnckart previously said: View Post

Yup thieves are stupid, that's why they are thieves.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Along these lines I have a question, I know at certain wheel rpm's the ATRAC stops working, but I heard from a person I consider to be pretty mechanically inclined who has been building toyota offroad vehicles in his shop for 15 plus years that our rear lockers also do the same. Now I know that it wont engage unless in LL but does it actually cut out? Or is this just the way older versions of the diff locker worked on yoyota?

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7470_2.gif
Quote:
cnckart previously said: View Post

Yup thieves are stupid, that's why they are thieves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
FJ FunJunkie previously said: View Post
Along these lines I have a question, I know at certain wheel rpm's the ATRAC stops working ...
I thought the Trails Team folks said the ATRAC isn't active at very low rpm's.

"Somebody please tell this machine I'm not a machine." W. Coyne

ARB frnt&rear bump -- 8K WARN winch -- IPF 900XS -- Icon 3.5" lift -- Front Coil-Over System -- ARB basket rack -- Moto-Metal 17" wheels -- Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70/17's -- etc.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

As far as I can tell, the locker does not disengage at any speed, I've had vehicles maxed out in low range speed as well well above 70mph in modified ones in high range, and the locker does not turn off.. it would actually be a bit dangerous for it to do it as it would suddenly change the traction dynamics at those speeds. It will not engage however unless you are going below a certain speed (between 10-5 mph or so) - again to prevent the sudden change in traction, and you wouldn't want both axles to try and sync up and lock at fast speeds - that breaks things!

TRAC does not work well a very low speeds and may not activate, however, ATRAC will work with almost no speed, in fact I've been going zero MPH with ATRAC active and working and the tires spinning/stopping.. I just wasn't going anywhere.. You do need some engine RPM to spin the axles though for it to work, so there is a minimum RPM depending on your situation.

David Hale
2007 Sun Fusion FJ Cruiser - Project T2
Full Icon suspension - 2.5" reservoir shocks front and rear, Icon UCA's, Icon rear links. Full Demello Off-Road bumpers, Sliders, and Skid Plates.ATRAC-Hack.
1999 4-Runner Limited w/rear locker - 310,000 miles and still going
SCOTA Member
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Quote:
FJ FunJunkie previously said: View Post
Along these lines I have a question, I know at certain wheel rpm's the ATRAC stops working, but I heard from a person I consider to be pretty mechanically inclined who has been building toyota offroad vehicles in his shop for 15 plus years that our rear lockers also do the same. Now I know that it wont engage unless in LL but does it actually cut out? Or is this just the way older versions of the diff locker worked on yoyota?
Somewhere I was told or I read that Toyota doesn't recommend using the rear locker at speeds over 5 mph, but I hadn't seen anything to indicate that it would self-disengage at a certain speed. I think that would be self defeating at such a low speed since you may be spinning your tires faster than that with the rear locker engaged.

DEWFPO

2007 FJ, 5AT, Sun Fusion Yellow, CQ, UP, GY, RB, 2Q, EL, VS.

Engine Block Heater, '08 Cyclone Pre-Filter, Dual horns, Phillips Osram 70W/65W H4's, RockBlocker and 3M Clear Film, Toyota RearSight Backup Camera, Ultra-Gauge MX 1.3.

"Enjoying the Journey"

"Wanted - young, skinny, wiry fellows, not over 18. Must be expert riders willing to risk death daily. Orphans preferred"
Original newspaper add placed by William Hepburn Russell, founder of the The Pony Express

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in