Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Ugh Which Nav :(

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  boxscored 
#1 ·
OK I give up. I just dont know which nav to get. I want to be able to play movies, control IPOD, Sirrius and have nav that all functions even when I am moving. Oh and want a color back up camera. I need a double din with hopefully a 7 inch screen. Money isnt the factor here just making sure its the best. Is the Pioneer Z1 it?

#2 ·
aleicgrant said:
OK I give up. I just dont know which nav to get. I want to be able to play movies, control IPOD, Sirrius and have nav that all functions even when I am moving. Oh and want a color back up camera. I need a double din with hopefully a 7 inch screen. Money isnt the factor here just making sure its the best. Is the Pioneer Z1 it?

If you have money to burn Z1 is definitely your choice....It will do just about anything you described aabove.....

#4 ·
would you agree the interface (especially with IPOD is the BEST ?

#6 · (Edited)
Wouldn't waiting for that custom pop-up one that Toyota is coming out with as an option be a good choice, that one that integrates into the storage bin?

edit - Wow, looked at the Z1 - that is a nice unit. Better than my Esclipse AVN because of the inclusive Hard Drive. Will the Z1 play copied DVDs and CDs without throwing fits?

#7 ·
well then its settled I will go with the z-1. Now I got the base radio so does it come with only 4 speakers? I understand that it might be pre-wired for more?

Thanks for any help

#8 ·
i believe your only problem will be the hack to use the functions while moving.from what i have read you need to solder two connectors on the circuit board then if you have a warranty problem it will be null and void.

#9 ·
I have heard. Apparantly if you get a unit made before July 06 it is not enabled and a simple hack is available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.