115V AC Outlet Wiring - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Re: 115V AC Outlet Wiring

you all kidding right? you know there is no 115 volt power in a Auto, its 12volt DC. you need an inverter to change the 12 VDC to 115 VAC. Its not just a plug. And tell me what have you found this useful for? i do have the factory inverter, yet even when camping i have not found a need for it.

off road since 1976
2010, 315x70 x16 Cooper AT3's, 3" lift via 2.0 Radflo coilovers, and +2" rear coils, LR UCA's, Metal tech LCR rears, Expedition One bumpers, Warn VR-10,000S, HID aux lights, Optima Yellow top, lots of stickers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Behind that 115 plug panel is a 3"x5"x8" (approx) inverter installed on a bracket. I noticed this when I removed the panel and installed my amp under it.

2008 Trail Teams
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I was told that the FJ is prewired throughout, BUT!!!! And heres the BUT!!! For the 115V adapter in the rear there is a wire harness that runs across the top of the firewall. When I purchased my FJ it had the button on the dash for the power inverter, but no plug in the rear, also no wire harness across the firewall. (Thanks to Siri from FJNORTHEASTERS). I also wanted to install it but I just use an inverter instead. Im thinking about putting a 12V back there instead for my mini fridge on long road trips....

-Zach Solo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 08:16 PM
A-Team Moderator

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Question Re: 115V AC Outlet Wiring

One of the members on here used a house type covered outdoor outlet installed on the passenger side panel. Possibly wired to an inverter? Does anyone know who that is? I had it bookmarked, but lost all the links. HELP PLZ!!!

It looked like this one...
Attached Images

2011 NSSE

トヨタ
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Anyone considering doing any kind of wiring setup and not sure where to start or don't have any wiring experience, give this guy a shot:
Ron Francis Wiring

I rewired my 1950 Dodge Coronet one Saturday in about 3 hours....the entire car.
And, when you call if you have any questions, 9 times out of 10, Ron himself answers the phone. The guy is super reasonable and very helpful.

And as for having a use for it, I myself live in an upstairs apartment.
Whenever I need to vacuum out my truck, I use it.
I also used it to drill those 3 holes in the back for the drivers side Aries tail light guard.

I find it handy.

Puma previously said:
"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day."

JimmyHoops previously said:
"And for you "go fish" search happy advice givers...YES, I did a search...and NO, none of the threads that I found discuss removal of the ENTIRE top dash."

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in