Silver TTE Front Bilstein shocks - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Silver TTE Front Bilstein shocks

Could someone post up a picture of the silver Trail Team Edition front shocks. I am going to trade out my front RC top mount spacer and go to the Toytec adjustable coilovers used with the Bilstein 5100/TTE/TRD shocks. I had a buddy give me a set of silver bilstein's with a blue boot on them that he thought were from a TTE, but the spring seat on them looks different from the 5100's and the TRD's. I just want to make sure I have the right shocks before I get started on tear down. Here are some pictures of the shocks that I have. If anybody can help I would appreciate it.Silver TTE Front Bilstein shocks-img_0088.jpgSilver TTE Front Bilstein shocks-img_0087.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Re: Silver TTE Front Bilstein shocks

Quote:
Alla FJ 70131 previously said: View Post
Could someone post up a picture of the silver Trail Team Edition front shocks. I am going to trade out my front RC top mount spacer and go to the Toytec adjustable coilovers used with the Bilstein 5100/TTE/TRD shocks. I had a buddy give me a set of silver bilstein's with a blue boot on them that he thought were from a TTE, but the spring seat on them looks different from the 5100's and the TRD's. I just want to make sure I have the right shocks before I get started on tear down. Here are some pictures of the shocks that I have. If anybody can help I would appreciate it.Attachment 39707Attachment 39708
You just posted pictures of TT shocks TT, TRD (red version), TTE are all the same Bilstein shock, pretty good one too.

5100s are different, they have 4 positions for the stop ring - adjustable.

2010 FJC AG 6MT
2005 4Runner SE

My build..slow but consistent

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...6mt-build.html

www.fjnortheasters.org

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Silver TTE Front Bilstein shocks

Quote:
Ivan70 previously said: View Post
You just posted pictures of TT shocks TT, TRD (red version), TTE are all the same Bilstein shock, pretty good one too.

5100s are different, they have 4 positions for the stop ring - adjustable.

Thanks! That was what I was wanting to confirm. I was looking at pictures of the 5100's and the red TRD's and noticed they both had a different style of spring seat on them and I started to worry that my shocks were not the TTE's. Looks like I am good to go.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in