Best Leveling Kit??? - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Best Leveling Kit???

When you say level, I assume you're not touching the rear, just lifting the front about 1-1.5" to take the rake out.

The Bilsteins have 4 positions where you can put the spring perch. They'll give you stock height on the lowest setting, then .75", 1.75" & 2.5" lift. Sort of like a poor man's adjustable coil-over. It seems like their lift numbers are a little low, at least for the 2nd and 3rd notches. If you're stock, the 2nd notch will probably level you out. If you put a heavy bumper on the front, you might want to use the 3rd.

If you want to lift the rear 1.5", you'd be doing what most people would call a 3" lift. Lifting the front about 3" and the rear 1.5" results in a roughly level stance, but I think most people would call it a lift.

Oh, BTW, if you put these on yourself, you can skip the gym that day. It's a workout even with air tools. I'm still a little sore.

2007 - Titanium, 6 MT, Locker/A-Trac, TRD exhaust, Trail Gear Sliders, Ricochet Skids, Metal-Tech Bumper, Bilstein 5100s on 3rd notch, Warn 9.5ti, BFG ATs 285/70/17, ToyOutfitters LCAs

Last edited by brianh; 02-08-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
brianh previously said: View Post
When you say level, I assume you're not touching the rear, just lifting the front about 1-1.5" to take the rake out.

The Bilsteins have 4 positions where you can put the spring perch. They'll give you stock height on the lowest setting, then .75", 1.75" & 2.5" lift. Sort of like a poor man's adjustable coil-over. It seems like their lift numbers are a little low, at least for the 2nd and 3rd notches. If you're stock, the 2nd notch will probably level you out. If you put a heavy bumper on the front, you might want to use the 3rd.

If you want to lift the rear 1.5", you'd be doing what most people would call a 3" lift. Lifting the front about 3" and the rear 1.5" results in a roughly level stance, but I think most people would call it a lift.

Oh, BTW, if you put these on yourself, you can skip the gym that day. It's a workout even with air tools. I'm still a little sore.

Okay, that makes sense. So if I go with the 5100 add the spacer kit, I can adjust up to 2.5".. If I go with the 1.5 in the rear, would I need 5100 in the back as well?

Thanks
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lonesome Dave

There are probably a million threads about this very subject on this forum, and you new folks really need to learn the "search" function - it's invaluable. But, if you'll look at my signature (and do a search), you'll find that the Bilstein/1.5" Daystar spacer method is probably the most bang-for-the-buck method for leveling your FJC.
Rocky1111 likes this.

2007 Black Cherry (purchased May 2006)
BFG AT 285/70/17
Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks
Daystar 1.5" Spacers
Pioneer AVIC-D2
Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth

Previous Vehicles:
1987 Toyota SR5 Truck
1996 FJ80 LandCruiser
2000 4Runner
2001 FJ100 LandCruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=NBFJCruz;1831842]The Daystar "levelling" kit is a bit of a misnomer since it is actually a full lift kit. It gives you a 2.5in front and 1.5in lift in the back. It is a popular lift around this forum and gets a good reputation.

I'm very happy with this set-up. I've also got All-Pro sliders and at 5'8' and a fake hip just as high as I want to go. Retains the original ride too.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Forum Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to kualenamanao

I used the Toytec leveling kit before I got my King suspension and they work great and dont use polyurethane which provided me with more security. Compresses the springs a bit for a tad stiffer rid but makes for a cost effective level kit that doesnt break the bank. I am selling mine if any is interested!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in