rc 6 lift help - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
rc 6 lift help

i just put the rough country 6 inch on my fj and it seems tht the driver side is atleast a inch and a half to two inches lower then the passanger side idk if its cause im not running a front sway bar but i need help to solve it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: rc 6 lift help

Sway bar doesn't make a difference though i would recommend you keep it on with a 6" lift.

Did you install it yourself or have a shop install it? If a shop, take it back. If you installed it, you probably need to take pictures and post them of the suspension in detail so that we might be able to see whats wrong.

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
1997 FZJ-80 Locked - Sold
2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser - Sold
To see what me and Roux have been up to, check out our instagram page: Laytonsky
-Layton

TLCA# 20623
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

i had it put on at the nissan dealer tht my friend works at me and my friend put it on we followed the instructions to the t and went back over them multiple times and he has installed the same lift before so he knows wat hese doing i just cant figure it out y it has a lean to it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to fjdrummr

I know i got a broken rear left shock and i noticed it leaning. But getting that fixed wednesday! . Guess you guys have to retrace all the steps over again to msake sure there wasnt any mistake made before letting it hit pavement , i would to be safe. Just what i would do atleast. Hope it all pans out.

'' I am on a drug, its called Charlie Sheen!''
- Charlie Sheen

MODS LIST

'08',/Flowmaster dual exhaust 40 series/K&n intake/Black Moto metal wheels/super white LED dome lights/Window Tint (Thanks to Mike at mikestintshop.com Orange,CA)/Blacked out mirrors/Demello hybrid rock sliders (black powder coated)/Aries tail light gaurds/Locking fuel door + gas cap/stage 1 Icon 3 inch lift/33 inch bf goodrich km2 tires, black tundra handles.*Demello prerunner.* 10k Recon w/ synthetic cable.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Try adjusting your coil-overs. The driver side is heavier, as the gas tank is on this side. And do yourself a favor and put different shocks on the rear than what came with the RC 6" kit (RC Performance 2.2 shocks I believe). These shocks make the ride waaaay stiff. Good luck with everything and keep us posted!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

heres some pictures of the lean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0001.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	40939   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0004.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	40941   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0007.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	40943   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0010.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	40944  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Forum Regular

Garage

Thanks for the pics! Im going to check that out in the morning before i take mine to get the new shock installed Ide like to see the difference in the gap.

- Charlie Sheen

MODS LIST

'08',/Flowmaster dual exhaust 40 series/K&n intake/Black Moto metal wheels/super white LED dome lights/Window Tint (Thanks to Mike at mikestintshop.com Orange,CA)/Blacked out mirrors/Demello hybrid rock sliders (black powder coated)/Aries tail light gaurds/Locking fuel door + gas cap/stage 1 Icon 3 inch lift/33 inch bf goodrich km2 tires, black tundra handles.*Demello prerunner.* 10k Recon w/ synthetic cable.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Forum Master

The "FJ lean" is exsadurated with the 6 inch lift! Since your not running a sway bar try this...

In a level lot (if wet works best) place in park, with the engine still running, cut the wheel all the way to the left, then all the way to the right.

Your load on the suspension should shift, making opipiset sides of the truck rise and fall. Giving you a difrent "lean" in each direction! Go back and forth with the wheel till the truck is level, now look at where your wheels are pointing, if not straight then it's the lower alainment points! My lift was off also, adjustable upper arms should fix this! I went with SPC, as they are easiest to adjust.

Or get the Icon adjustable 6-7" coil overs and set as needed

And new rear shocks is a good idea, as they pretty much ride on the shaft bump stops!

-Bryan

SFC Grille Badge Order

Everyone else has one so here's my build...
the Creature's "Blue" Lagoon (pic-heavy)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Forum Regular

Garage

Well, got my rear left shock replaced and had them adjust up to about another inch in the front. All covered under warranty . . They had trimmed a bit of the bumper and the wheel well areas and now when i make my sharp left turns im not getting that grinding sound. Im glad the tires were grinding on soft plastic vs. metal. The truck is stiffer than ever now and feels so solid after getting this stuff done.

- Charlie Sheen

MODS LIST

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in