$1000 what the heck to do? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
$1000 what the heck to do?

Ok, so my 2007 FJ Trd has just been given a 1,000k gift from the wife, basically her permission to put some money in her.
I'm thinking OME/Toytech lift kit, but do I have cheaper options using the stocks bilstein shocks that I think are awesome, and then save me some cash to put on something else?
My goal is to just gain a little lift for Colorado trailing.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Re: $1000 what the heck to do?

Check out toytech.com and metaltech.com

>>>>>>>>>>2010armygreens slow build<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>ArmyGreens M416 Build<<<<<<<<

Garage
2010 FJ Army Green
2014 FJ Iceberg
M416 Trailer
Maggiolina Grand Tour Roof Top Tent
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Forum Regular

Definitely check out the Ironman lift. Full suspension lift, really good quality and an awesome price.

2008 TTSE 6 M/T - AUX Light Hack, URD Short Shifter, AVS Visors, FormFit Hood Protector, 285/75 r16 Cooper Diiscovery STT's, Custom Rear Storage Box, Cobra CB w/Bandi Mount, 12v outlets everywhere, Icon Stage 1, Camburg BJ UCA

2004 Yamaha R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Great wife!!!

My girlfriend always complains about the money I throw into my vehicles and my response is always "Honey, I'm creating jobs with every dollar I spend and those people spend it in your Clubs, leave your employees tips so they can get their hair and nails done." She laughs, I go back to installing it

My "wants" help others needs and wants.

Thank you Vets

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Forum Regular

Location: Where are you from? Oh that sucks, I'm from Oregon!
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Getting a lift is sweet. Good luck. What have you done to your fj so far?

I found this thread helpful when it comes to what to buy. It's all about getting home after the trail imo.

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...st-2000-a.html

Good luck and show us pics when you get done with whatever you decide.
Tim

2007 Black Fj Cruiser. Revenge Fab Winch Bumper. Smittybuilt XRC10. Revenge Fab Sliders. Uniden Pro 510 CB. Bandi Mount. Firestik II 4'. 60" Hi Lift Extreme. KC Daylighters. AXE/Shovel. Rugged Ridge Recovery Kit.
www.revenge-fab.com

Plan to add: BFG KM2 MT 285/70 r17, Revenge Fab Rear bumper with Jerry Can Holder. Skid Plates. 3" Suspension lift.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to fjrohrs

Armor that little guy up. Rear links, skids, sliders if you don't have them already, and then use the rest to buy gas!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks for all the advice thus far... the TRD is the wifes actually, I like to claim the FJ whenever I can...
I have a 99 TJ Sahara with a big lift, a 65 VW bug, and a 2011 Cummins diesel to pull em all around, so the money spreads thin across the board.
I think Im going with a Med OME Lift, 3" from toytech, moving to Colorado in a month or so, cant wait to hit the trails.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

So I also have the 2007 TRD and I am wondering how to compare what I already have to what is out there? All I know is that the TRD came with TRD/Bilstein off-road tuned shocks.

I have added a total weight of about 146lbs to the front. I am starting to off-road often and think I should get a lift, especially since I have the added weight. Until I got the FJ and started off-roading I never cared about suspension so I really dont know what is comparable to what I already have. I dont want to waste my money.

Any thoughts??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
astro7174 previously said: View Post
So I also have the 2007 TRD and I am wondering how to compare what I already have to what is out there? All I know is that the TRD came with TRD/Bilstein off-road tuned shocks.

I have added a total weight of about 146lbs to the front. I am starting to off-road often and think I should get a lift, especially since I have the added weight. Until I got the FJ and started off-roading I never cared about suspension so I really dont know what is comparable to what I already have. I dont want to waste my money.

Any thoughts??
I am in the same situation and have found there are alot of options. Besides the lift handling increased weight the lift allows you to run a larger tire that gives extra ground clearance and traction for off roading. The lift may not look good with the stock tire size so quite often a lift is purchased when the stock tires need to be replaced. There is alot of the feedback on the ICON lift where you will find that while enhancing off road capability it gives a pavement ride better than stock however, it is pricey. There is alot of the feed back on the Pro Comp 3" lift where you will find the pavement ride is harsher than stock but it costs less than the ICON. There is alot of feedback on Bilstein with their adjustable strut which is less expensive than both ICON and Pro Comp. Good luck!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in