Broke both my Front Stock Shocks!! - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Broke both my Front Stock Shocks!!

Quote:
borpa11 previously said: View Post
if thats youre driving style you will need to step up to a coil over with a res.
Now this brings up a question I was going to ask. At what point do you need resevoir shocks? Got it if you're running some serious washboard or rough terrain for hours on end, but for your average everyday wheeler/weekend warrior are they really going to make a difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Broke both my Front Stock Shocks!!

I have got the Sway Away set up on all 4 corners, springs and shocks. They are not remote resevoir, but I have been wholly impressed with their performance so far at high and low speed. Are they worth a look?

2008 Sandstorm 6MT
285/75/16 Cooper STT, DO Front Bumper, Warn M-8000, TG Sliders, Sway-Away Racerunner on all 4 corners, Camburg UCAs, Scan Guage, Hella 4000, Acro lights in Bumper, Cobra 75WX CB Radio, Ricochet skids, FJtoyman rear shock skids, Safari Snorkel, FJnewb's scuba mod, OutRider front lower link mount Armor, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks in black with red bead lock rings, Tundra door handles, Trail Teams mirrors, Trail Teams grille.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
AA2D previously said: View Post
I have got the Sway Away set up on all 4 corners, springs and shocks. They are not remote resevoir, but I have been wholly impressed with their performance so far at high and low speed. Are they worth a look?
That's what I'm looking at getting. Do you know if you can add resevoirs later on (at least to the coilovers)?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in