The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED! - Page 15 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 07:25 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Garage
Re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Quote:
FJX2000 previously said: View Post
Be sure to always look at suspension options for your model year FJ (just cuz FJ BRUZER shared a link for 2010+ FJs and I'm not sure what your model year is) but here is the BOSS Suspension link for 07-09 FJ Cruisers.
oops - maybe cause I'm a little self centered............2013 and all
and yes, his was /is a '07
FatJohnson and FJ Black like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage

Hi all.
I got my NZ new 2014 FJ last October and have been lurking while making plans and buying up stuff for my FJ since then.

I have done a lot of buying and research and am about to start some mods (incl body arm chop, roof rack, lights, snorkel, wheel guards, winch bar & winch) and place my order for lift kit and wheels.

I have just today decided to go with a Set of 5 Maxxis MT772 Razr 305/70/17 (34" dia) on my stock 17" mags together with aftermarket front upper control arms and a set of 4 Old Man Emu BP51 with adjustable lift range 0 to 2.5" and independent adjustment for rebound and compression damping.

Springs will be +100-200KG for extra front load of fat bastard, winch bar and winch with standard weight 0 to +50kg springs for the rear. I am also going to pull the pin on new Wheelers extended rear and front 'super bump' bump stops to stop the bigger wheels rubbing in the wheel wells under max compression and soften the bottoming out.

Haven't read anything that suggests that extended CV covers are need, but see they are available. I don't know if I really need extended CV boot covers? But, after all my research I also figured that 34" tyres on stock wheels with a 3" lift, body mount chop and enhanced upper control arm would be rub free and that being less than 35" that it wouldn't tax the transmission or motor overly. However, I was just recently told "bigger than 33" you'll get rub on the UCA, Sway bar, body mount, and fender liner, you'll need to regear your diffs, and you'll burn a LOT more fuel" .
But, I'm thinking that all of that is an awful lot of consequence for a 1" wheel size increase from 33 to 34",

So, now I just don't know. What do you think, do I need the extended CV boots?

Oh yeah! My driving style is passive aggressive 99% dry sunny days on the blacktop

I would be keen to know the experience of others who have done the 3" lift, aftermarket UCA and BMC in combination with a 34" tyre on the OEM mags.

Colin

Politically incorrect and proud of it.
post #143 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

ELka just put a suspension kit for the FJ on the market, in 2 versions, Toytec has them. Maybe this could be added to the first post?

Thanks
BrodieTheDog likes this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Tags
adjustable coilover , coilover , comparison , extended travel , fj lifts , guide , leveling kit , lift , lift kits , lifts , listing , long travel , spacer lift , suspension , suspension kits

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in