The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED! - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

 41Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Forum Superstar
 
Redeemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3,313
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Just what I'm studying now. Thank you for all the information and work.
Redeemed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Forum Superstar
 
nkybrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Awesome thread, but you missed one of the biggest players of all, Fox Shox.

Thanks!


BRAD
MR. NAUGHTY AVATAR


2007 SUN FUSION
WWW.FORGEOVERLAND.COM


nkybrad is offline  
post #13 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator
 
FJX2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cortez, CO or Provo, UT
Posts: 4,748
Blog Entries: 21
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Quote:
nkybrad previously said: View Post
Awesome thread, but you missed one of the biggest players of all, Fox Shox.

Thanks!
Oh wow how did I forget FOX I will do that sometime today!!

Thanks for letting me know!
FJX2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator
 
FJX2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cortez, CO or Provo, UT
Posts: 4,748
Blog Entries: 21
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Alright, FOX has been added!
FJX2000 is offline  
post #15 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rockland NY
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Great list, is it possible to have a list of scale of 1-10 which ones are the best and which ones are ok, like for lets say for $1300 emu is the best or something like that.....

Thanks
w8tng4nepiphany is offline  
post #16 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Forum Superstar
 
nkybrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

The best and worst are all opinions and personal preferences. It depends on how you wheel, how much you wheel, where you where, etc etc etc. I could tell you one thing, someone else will tell you another. One suspension is designed for the desert while another is just to provide you with a more comfortable ride and a small lift.

There is no way to describe which is best and which ones are ok. A full suspension system will be better than a spacer lift in every way, but it will cost you. Some manufactures make great products, and some make ok products. We all have our opinions on those though, and if we started giving our opinions on suspension systems and manufactures there would be an argument and people would get their feelings hurt.

The best way to decide what is best for you and what is best, is for you to do some research, then some more and then even more.
787cruiser likes this.


BRAD
MR. NAUGHTY AVATAR


2007 SUN FUSION
WWW.FORGEOVERLAND.COM


nkybrad is offline  
post #17 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Forum Superstar
 
Bar3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Posts: 3,856
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

FJX, great job on the list

This will give a great starting point for anybody looking for lift, thanks.
Bar3K is offline  
post #18 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Forum Superstar
 
Old Cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waiting for the next contract....
Posts: 13,321
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Looks awesome- Great job!!!

One issue- the Rancho link is the Camburg link.




The Crack Rock Toyeti- 2010 "almost stock"... SOLD to Colin
The Build-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ck-toyeti.html

The Epic Adventure-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...adventure.html

The GTR Build- Meet Zim---> https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-meet-zim.html
Old Cruiser is offline  
post #19 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Forum Superstar
 
FJNewb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 17,642
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Nice summary. One comment is that the pricing on the LT kits is a bit deceiving since they don't include shocks or coils (which is really what the left thread is about). I know you have a note on TC about that, but perhaps it sould list out kit price + cost of 2 shocks to make it clear you'll be spending a bit more than is listed there? Doesn't account for the need for bumps & longer axles, etc. when it comes to the LT kit. Price can easily double what is listed on both TC and Camburgs listings there which is the only reason I mention it.



FJNewb is offline  
post #20 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator
 
FJX2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cortez, CO or Provo, UT
Posts: 4,748
Blog Entries: 21
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
re: The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, They're All Here! UPDATED!

Thanks all for your positive comments!

Quote:
FJNewb previously said: View Post
Nice summary. One comment is that the pricing on the LT kits is a bit deceiving since they don't include shocks or coils (which is really what the left thread is about). I know you have a note on TC about that, but perhaps it sould list out kit price + cost of 2 shocks to make it clear you'll be spending a bit more than is listed there? Doesn't account for the need for bumps & longer axles, etc. when it comes to the LT kit. Price can easily double what is listed on both TC and Camburgs listings there which is the only reason I mention it.
So you're saying that I should include the price for the LT kits along with the price of the coil-overs required? So this would apply to companies like Total Choas, Camburg, and All Pro?

Quote:
Old Cruiser previously said: View Post
Looks awesome- Great job!!!

One issue- the Rancho link is the Camburg link.


Thanks for letting me know! I fixed it just now

Quote:
nkybrad previously said: View Post
The best and worst are all opinions and personal preferences. It depends on how you wheel, how much you wheel, where you where, etc etc etc. I could tell you one thing, someone else will tell you another. One suspension is designed for the desert while another is just to provide you with a more comfortable ride and a small lift.

There is no way to describe which is best and which ones are ok. A full suspension system will be better than a spacer lift in every way, but it will cost you. Some manufactures make great products, and some make ok products. We all have our opinions on those though, and if we started giving our opinions on suspension systems and manufactures there would be an argument and people would get their feelings hurt.

The best way to decide what is best for you and what is best, is for you to do some research, then some more and then even more.
Well said nkybrad! All true
FJX2000 is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Tags
adjustable coilover , coilover , comparison , extended travel , fj lifts , guide , leveling kit , lift , lift kits , lifts , listing , long travel , spacer lift , suspension , suspension kits

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome