Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Difference between 07/09 and 2010+ rear springs?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Greggry 
#1 ·
I am purchasing my new springs for the rear of my truck on monday, and I notice ARB lists different part numbers for their springs for 07 to 09 vs 2010 and newer. Specifically 2889 medium spring vs 2895 medium. Is there a actual difference between them, or the model years themselves? I was all set to get the 895 but then they don't list that for 2010 and newer. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
I'm not sure either........My All Pro rear springs on,y 07, that came with my Walker Evans rear shocks, are marked 07-09, painted on the coils. I wouldn't think they would be different in spring rate, height, or the base or top of spring where they mount...

They also aren't marked left or right so it's not a lean thing either..

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
This explains the difference between the different OME parts.

http://www.arbusa.com/Uploads/PDF/onlineManualsGuides/OME_Guide_current.pdf

There is some difference between what arb usa lists for FJ parts and the international application catalogue. I asked arb usa that question, and they said it is because USA has less strict restriction on lift than other countries, and we should follow the arb usa part numbers. The difference between 889 and 895 is 889 is longer by 10 mm. I thought about using 889 on driver side and 895 on passenger side to correct the driver side lean, but they are only sold as a pair, and arb usa specifically told me that parts should not be mixed and matched.

I hope this helps.

#6 ·
Ok excellent. I didn't find that PDF on their site. Whats odd is they list the exact same springs for both generations in that pdf, but not on their site. If the 889 is compatible with the fj like it shows on their normal site, that will be the one I will get. Thanks alot, a phone call to arb tomorrow should take care of everything :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.