question on my OME lift kit - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
question on my OME lift kit

hey guys i just bought and installed what i thought is a heavy OME kit, and im trying to match part numbers on the site to the part numbers on the boxes and all i can match is the springs.

spring part numbers:
2885 front (seems to be the same part number for all level of kits)
2895 rear (differs from light to med to heavy)

shock/strut part numbers:
N140S
N141
- ive noticed all the part numbers for the front coils are the same, but the rears differ

the only reason im asking is my front end seems a bit soft and bouncy, i currently have warn front and rear bumpers with a M8000 up front, and just driving around normally im getting a bit of front end drop on braking and just feels soft, kinda like my OEM shock/struts that i just replaced.

have i received the wrong kit? or is this normal?

thanks again

Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 04:36 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Re: question on my OME lift kit

885's are the medium coil. 886's are the heavy coil.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 Ti: PC Xtreme MT's 285's, PC Rock Crawler 97 17"s, Spidertrax 1.25, BMC, TRD Exhaust, Razor Wings, TT's: Bezel, Rear Wings, Valance, Mirrors, & Handles. Plasti-Dipped roof, Amaesing Hood Decal, RC 3", Ricochet Skids, TG Sliders, Aries Tail Light Guards, DIY OEM Basket, DeeZee Ladder, Scuba Mod, Weathertech's, Billet Fuel Door, 60" Hi-lift, DO Hi-lift Mounts, Smittybilt D-Ring hitch, MPAC Side Rack, Hella headlights, Hella 500FF's, APC Turn Signals, TMT rear light mount w/ 6" Aux light
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 03:05 PM
pop
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)

885 are the right coils. Arb/OME do not recommend 886 unless u have a really heavy load. Rears can be 895E or 895, the 895s will give the rear a little more height than the 895E. Toytec can answer your questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 69 Post(s)

I have the arb w/out a winch and my 885's are perfect. There are plenty of people running 885's with arb and winch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 Ti: PC Xtreme MT's 285's, PC Rock Crawler 97 17"s, Spidertrax 1.25, BMC, TRD Exhaust, Razor Wings, TT's: Bezel, Rear Wings, Valance, Mirrors, & Handles. Plasti-Dipped roof, Amaesing Hood Decal, RC 3", Ricochet Skids, TG Sliders, Aries Tail Light Guards, DIY OEM Basket, DeeZee Ladder, Scuba Mod, Weathertech's, Billet Fuel Door, 60" Hi-lift, DO Hi-lift Mounts, Smittybilt D-Ring hitch, MPAC Side Rack, Hella headlights, Hella 500FF's, APC Turn Signals, TMT rear light mount w/ 6" Aux light
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

so the soft/bounce feeling is normal? normally would indicate to me that the shock is not doing its job and or over stressed. dont get me wrong im not complaining, its a very nice ride, just want to make sure im not over weighting my shocks and their dampning capacity

Brandon

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in