Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

overall height with the daystar front and rear? garage issues....

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sgerry 
#1 ·
Hey gang,
for those with the daystar- what overall height did you see? I want to level and have seen good write-ups about the F/R kit. I have a parking garage that i deal with daily- 7' 2" max height...then theres my garage....

any measurements you can provide will be a great help!

Shane

#5 ·
I have the 1.5" Daystar spacer in the back with Bilstein 5100's in the front set at the 4th notch, which in theory brings the FJ level to 2.5" higher than stock, also have 285/75/16 tires and factory roof. The min height needed for my FJ to clear will be 6.8" ft, and the space between the roof and ceiling is tight, maybe 1" little more or little less, i may have to recheck that :). but you shouldn't have any issues with any lift up 3" with a 7.2" high garage

#6 ·
I read these threads and really appreciate my 94" garage opening. Didn't think about it when we purchased the house but it sure has worked out.

#7 ·
Ugh JEALOUS..... i have 81" (depending on where its measured-lip of the floor or angle of the driveway) at home...and i will have to "modify" the arm for the garage door opener.

So the lift is possible, prob not tires...for now... ;)

For those who replied, Did you need to add the drivers side spacer to get fully level? or is is not a big deal once the Daystar is added?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.