Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Leaning to the left

7K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  FJX2000 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I have 2012 fj cruiser with stock suspension but my car is leaning to the left more than normal know that the fuel tank and the battery is on the driver side but its obivious that something is wrong because i tried to put a rear coil spacer on the driver side but its still leaning. My car problem is similar to this car .

What other possibilities can their be other than the suspension that it causes the car to lean to the left?

See less See more
#2 ·
there is a bit of a "natural" driver's side lean, so I'm assuming its more significant ... did it happen all at once, or over time ... I'm no expert, but could be a weak rear spring ...
:thinkerg:

#6 ·
Put a fridge and dual battery on the right side.....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I've got a concern that maybe Y'all can help with. This thread seems like the right place to put it. I installed 5100's on the 3rd notch up front, and 5100's in the back with all 4 corners on stock springs a few weeks ago. It drives great and the stance is good, but the drivers side wheel wells sit 1" lower than the left in front and back. I see on here some owners having 1/2" lean and fixing with a 10mm spacer, but I'm concerned I have a bigger problem that needs a different solution. What should I check? The top mounts of the struts have the same # of threads exposed, I double checked that I didn't put it on the second notch on the driver side. It's kinda driving me nuts. Every time I look at my FJ, I can't help but notice the lean.

#14 ·
It is a weird situation for sure having the "FJ lean" and not knowing why. I remember with my first FJ for a little bit of time it had a noticeable lean to the drivers side, and this was taken in my perfectly level garage! I remember coming to the forum asking questions as to why this would be happening and what I was recommended was adding a trim spacer from OME. Like this one: 150PR10 - OME 10mm Rear Trim Spacer

But I ended up doing nothing about it and it eventually all settled out. Don't know why, but maybe give your FJ some time to "settle" and see what happens. 🤷‍♂️

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.