Pre-pressed Wheel Bearing/Hub Assemblies now available - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Pre-pressed Wheel Bearing/Hub Assemblies now available

Quote:
NyNomad previously said: View Post
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
You're very welcome. Thanks for checking us out.

OWNER MIDSTATESOFFROAD.COM

FORMER FORUM NAME JEEPCONVERT

Yes, I'm that wheel bearing guy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)

Next time I need wheel bearings, I will definitely get these. Last time, I pressed them myself, (not hard with a press), but you can't beat the price of these. I paid $130/side for just the bearing (moog), seal, and o-ring and then had to do it myself. For an extra $60, you get a whole new hub and wheel studs and no time spent pressing, now that's a bargain.
jeepconvert likes this.

Eric

2008 Sandstorm FJ
-Offroad pkg, trail gear sliders, 35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grappler on 17x9 Level 8 Bully Pro, Icon 2.5 Ext. Travel Coilovers, Light Racing UCA, MetalTech Long Travel Rear w/ Icon 2.5 remote res , EM rear UCA, MetalTech rear LCA, Icon panhard bar, 1/2" Bandi lift, Man-a-fre skids, TC A-arm skids, FJToyman shock skids, CB w/ Bandi mount, AFE HT exhaust, Demello front bumper, Warn M8000 w/ synthetic, 4.56 Gears, ARB locker, Safari Snorkel
post #23 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage

This is awesome and at a really good price. I am due but I need to check to see which one is making the noise. I should just be safe like always and purchase the set and replace both. How hard is it to replace the Spindle seal? Looks like there is some more technical tear down to it according to the DIY on this site. I'm confident in the wheel hub replacement but the other gets into areas of suspension I have never ventured. Thanks for putting this together. You will see my order in the next month or so depending on time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 05:30 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Voodootank previously said: View Post
This is awesome and at a really good price. I am due but I need to check to see which one is making the noise. I should just be safe like always and purchase the set and replace both. How hard is it to replace the Spindle seal? Looks like there is some more technical tear down to it according to the DIY on this site. I'm confident in the wheel hub replacement but the other gets into areas of suspension I have never ventured. Thanks for putting this together. You will see my order in the next month or so depending on time.
When you replace the wheel hub the spindle seal normally falls out with it, or you can pop it out with a screwdriver. There's no extra steps involved replacing the seal, it's just a matter of whether you reuse your old or buy a new seal. What DIY are you looking at?

My Build: WHOOP '12

Special thanks to the following vendors:
-Ricochet Offroad
-Metal-Tech
-TRDparts4U
-URD
-Brave Motorsports
-FJNewb
post #25 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
epm131 previously said: View Post
Next time I need wheel bearings, I will definitely get these. Last time, I pressed them myself, (not hard with a press), but you can't beat the price of these. I paid $130/side for just the bearing (moog), seal, and o-ring and then had to do it myself. For an extra $60, you get a whole new hub and wheel studs and no time spent pressing, now that's a bargain.
Thanks! I'm looking into offering some more upgrades here in the future.

Quote:
Voodootank previously said: View Post
The spindle seal is placed between the axle "half shaft" and the back of the spindle. Most people don't replace them because of the extra work involved in getting the spindle off of the axle. I did it by removing the 2 lower mount bolts that hold the bottom of the spindle and carefully pulling it out and away from the end of the axle. That's as far into the suspension as you will need to go. No messing with the coilovers or control arms. I was surprised by how much "gick" was inside that spindle housing when I took mine apart.

It's not particularly hard, but it looks daunting. However, once you are this far into the front end those last two bolts are no biggie! The first one I did took about 2 hours to set and think my way through it. Each one after takes about 45 min per side.

Just remember to take pictures and make sure you put your dust shield back in just the right orientation when you bolt the bearing back on, or else you have to take the entire thing apart to flip the cover over. (ask me how I know) Good luck, and ask as many questions as you need.

post #26 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 06:44 AM
fka BLACK HAWK

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)

Think I paid $350+ to have my driver side replaced 2years ago. Swapping them out in the garage will be save me some
jeepconvert likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

" You can't be afraid to scratch it "
post #27 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage

This is awesome! Will be ordering your full kit for the front.
post #28 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
jeepconvert previously said: View Post
Thanks! I'm looking into offering some more upgrades here in the future.

The spindle seal is placed between the axle "half shaft" and the back of the spindle. Most people don't replace them because of the extra work involved in getting the spindle off of the axle. I did it by removing the 2 lower mount bolts that hold the bottom of the spindle and carefully pulling it out and away from the end of the axle. That's as far into the suspension as you will need to go. No messing with the coilovers or control arms. I was surprised by how much "gick" was inside that spindle housing when I took mine apart.

It's not particularly hard, but it looks daunting. However, once you are this far into the front end those last two bolts are no biggie! The first one I did took about 2 hours to set and think my way through it. Each one after takes about 45 min per side.

Just remember to take pictures and make sure you put your dust shield back in just the right orientation when you bolt the bearing back on, or else you have to take the entire thing apart to flip the cover over. (ask me how I know) Good luck, and ask as many questions as you need.
Thanks for the information. I will probably view it the same way as "oh whats 2 more bolts?". My wife laughs when I do work on the cars asking how I get so dirty. I tell her its because I'm thorough.
jeepconvert likes this.
post #29 of 160 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage

Got my full set in this morning! Awesome and thank you.
jeepconvert likes this.
post #30 of 160 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Texas08FJ previously said: View Post
Got my full set in this morning! Awesome and thank you.
Great, thanks for your order.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in