Pre-pressed Wheel Bearing/Hub Assemblies now available - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Pre-pressed Wheel Bearing/Hub Assemblies now available

Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know I am now producing fully "bolt on" pre-pressed replacement front bearing/hub assemblies for Fj cruisers, Tacomas, and 4Runners. (man that's a mouthful)

Anyone who has had to replace a front wheel bearing knows how big a deal it is to get the old bearing pressed off the hub so the new one can be pressed back on. Our assemblies eliminate that issue. Our Bearing/hub Assemblies are completely bolt on, no press needed.

Come check us out at www.midstatesoffroad.com

Right now, we are focused on producing bearings but we will be adding some other products later on. We are only using the best vendors for our parts. Vendors such as Koyo, Dorman, Moog/National, Timken, and of course Toyota. Each assembly comes ready to bolt on with a new O-ring included. We have the spindle seals, as well and recommend replacing them when swapping out a bearing.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me an email through the website or PM me on the forum and I will get back to you as fast as possible.

OWNER MIDSTATESOFFROAD.COM

FORMER FORUM NAME JEEPCONVERT

Yes, I'm that wheel bearing guy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1795 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Pre-pressed Wheel Bearing/Hub Assemblies now available

G'day Mate,
Congrats on becoming a vendor !!!!! and supplying a much needed assembled part !!!!
Good luck....
Cheers
Baz
post #3 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Thanks Baz!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)

Quote:
jeepconvert previously said: View Post
Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know I am now producing fully "bolt on" pre-pressed replacement front bearing/hub assemblies for Fj cruisers, Tacomas, and 4Runners. (man that's a mouthful)

Anyone who has had to replace a front wheel bearing knows how big a deal it is to get the old bearing pressed off the hub so the new one can be pressed back on. Our assemblies eliminate that issue. Our Bearing/hub Assemblies are completely bolt on, no press needed.

Right now, we are focused on producing bearings but we will be adding some other products later on. We are only using the best vendors for our parts. Vendors such as Koyo, Dorman, Moog/National, Timken, and of course Toyota. Each assembly comes ready to bolt on with a new O-ring included. We have the spindle seals, as well and recommend replacing them when swapping out a bearing.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me an email through the website or PM me on the forum and I will get back to you as fast as possible.

My FJ is coming off the road next week while I am away for three months, but when I get back I need to tackle the wheel bearings and tie-rods.

If I send you my ARP studs can you fit those in rather than the OEM studs?

I'd trust my used ARP studs over new OEM studs (I've already lost one wheel thanks to the OEM studs).

The ones for the Lexus fit our FJ's with a quick part-off and chamfer on the lathe. Perhaps this is a service you could add to your business! I won't be around to offer the machined ARP studs anymore but I'd like to see someone offer them, and they go hand in hand with this!

Great job! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Joel
bazross, algonaman and jeepconvert like this.
post #5 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
FJoel previously said: View Post
My FJ is coming off the road next week while I am away for three months, but when I get back I need to tackle the wheel bearings and tie-rods.

If I send you my ARP studs can you fit those in rather than the OEM studs?

I'd trust my used ARP studs over new OEM studs (I've already lost one wheel thanks to the OEM studs).

The ones for the Lexus fit our FJ's with a quick part-off and chamfer on the lathe. Perhaps this is a service you could add to your business! I won't be around to offer the machined ARP studs anymore but I'd like to see someone offer them, and they go hand in hand with this!

Great job! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Joel

Sure, I don't see why not. Swapping out studs is pretty straight forward. Plus it gives me a reason to make a new jig.

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss the machine work.

Thanks for the hand-off.

Zack

post #6 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Garage

What's the life expectancy of our factory bearing units? I imagine if I ever needed a trail spare, I;d have bigger problems to boot. But I would like to be able to do my own so bookmarking for future reference!

'73 FJ40: Chevy sb 350 TBI
'84 FJ60: Vortec 4.3 TBI & 700R4
'12 FJC TTSE: ARB front bumper, Warn Zeon 10k winch, Icon Stage 2, RCI'S, 285/17 Duratracs, Prinsu rack, Springtail everything
post #7 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
algonaman previously said: View Post
What's the life expectancy of our factory bearing units? I imagine if I ever needed a trail spare, I;d have bigger problems to boot. But I would like to be able to do my own so bookmarking for future reference!
Life expectancy is hard to say. I'm sure driving habits are a HUGE contributor. Wheel spacers, mud/dirt/dust intrusion, hard wheeling, age/high miles, etc can lead to failure.

Swapping out a wheel bearing is pretty easy, actually. Looks kinda daunting, but not too bad.
algonaman likes this.

post #8 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Awesome!
post #9 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)

Subscribed, I hope my wheel bearings can live a long time, still on the stocker ones with 76k miles and counting, but subscribing for future references

2010 SFM, M6, URD Short Shifter, Radflo 2.5 Ext CO's/650lbs springs, Toytec RCC2.0 Springs/OME 60071L, Light Racing UCA's, Skyjacker SBE702 links, Metaltech Front Bumper, Badland 12k Winch, Metaltech LCA's, Trail Gear TC Skid, AllPro HD Sliders, Allpro IFS/Trans/Lower Link Skids, Ricochet LCA skids, Boztec Diff Skid, 16" TRD Wheels, 1.25 Spidertrax , Firestone Destination MT 285/75/16, PIA 520's, Hella 700's, 3" PODs, 42" Led Bar
My Build
post #10 of 160 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

With my 35's, wheel spacers, camburg UCA's and 3" lift my wheel bearings need replacing every 30k. This is actually the easiest swap since you don't have to get your old ones pressed off and new ones on. I'm glad you did this Zack, I ended up waiting for mine for 2 months from the Alabama guy. Plus your only 4 hours away so shipping is the cost of a beer and a badlands trip.
FJess and jeepconvert like this.

2007 SUN FUSION
TLCA # 22448
TRD CAI, PRG SNORKEL, ALL PRO SLIDERS, NESTAH FIRESTIK ANTENNA MOD, RICHOCHET AIR DAM, ICON STAGE 6 WITH REMOTE RESI'S, METAL TECH REAR LONG TRAVEL WITH ICON REMOTE RESI'S, 295/70/17 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, DUAL BATTERY, EXPEDITION ONE TRAIL SERIES DIAMOND FRONT BUMPER, TRAILWORX REAR BUMPER WITH CUSTOM SWINGOUT, ROKMEN UNIBALL UCA'S, TOTAL CHAOS RACING UNIBALL LCA'S, ROKMEN REAR UPPER LINKS, WILD WEST OFFROAD LOWER LINKS, ROKMEN PANHARD BAR, SMITTYBILT X20 WINCH,MPAC REAR DOOR RACK, SIDE RACK, MPX STORAGE, MSM DRAWER, ALL PRO SKIDS, BOZTEC REAR DIFF SKID, 4.88 NITRO GEARS, ARB FRONT AIR LOCKER, RETROFIT HID HEADLIGHTS, MUCH MORE TO FOLLOW

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in