Radflo installed .. amazing ! - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Re: Radflo installed .. amazing !

Real nice. Would you happen to remember or have a record of the part number so anyone interested can purchase the same exact part. Again looks great and thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
amaclach previously said: View Post
Did you compare to Mebar before you shipped the suspension bits?
If I can do it locally without any arseache, then I'd prefer to go that way.
The Radflo setup looks pretty good & more bang for your buck than for Icon although they look pretty awesome too.
sorry for the late reply, stuck at work again

i heard a lot of good things about mebar, but they mostly sell FOXs coils which has a 600lb spring rate, and i wanted a 650lb spring rate or more (( since i have a road armor bumper + winch )). plus Radflo coilovers are valved with the Overland Warehouse specification, and after driving my brother's polaris, i couldn't resist !

price wise, buying a fox from the US and shipping it to dubai will cost less than Mebar.

Quote:
wheelin previously said: View Post
Real nice. Would you happen to remember or have a record of the part number so anyone interested can purchase the same exact part. Again looks great and thanks!
Thanks a lot man, i don't have part numbers but ill post links here:

Radflo Extended Travel Coilovers for FJ Cruiser

Light Racing Upper Control Arms - FJ Cruiser/4Runner - Metal Tech 4x4

http://www.amazon.com/Daystar-KT0912...rear+spacer+fj

2015 FJC heritage blue: Radflo 2.5 extended travel-LR UCA-METHODs - Road armor bumper-RESZ fab LED mounts -50" roof LED- 17" bumper LED-MOSS stone guards- TT black out kit-otrattw rocker switches-homemade shovel/axe mount -ARB high lift jack with mounts-OEM Roof rack.

2014 shelby GT500 oxford white: Ford Racing 65MM Cobra Jet Throttle Body - NGK TR8IX Plugs - 2.396" Upper Pulley and 90 MM Idler - ATI 10% OD Pulley - SCT tune - BORLA ATAK catback ... 700+hp
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)

Your rig looks great! If you want to lube the control arms while on the truck it looks like you'll have to pull them off, drill a hole and tap it to fit a zerk fitting like in the pic... Then to lube in the future, loosen the control arm nut and bolt, lube with your grease gun and re tighten....
I would use synthetic grease to prolong the life of the control arm bushings as well.

AMSOIL NLGI #2 Synthetic Polymeric EP Grease | ExCop Offroad

Shopping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-12161316_zps3252f432.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	455257  

Last edited by NW FJC; 04-12-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Desert Moderator

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Ricky_z previously said: View Post
sorry for the late reply, stuck at work again

i heard a lot of good things about mebar, but they mostly sell FOXs coils which has a 600lb spring rate, and i wanted a 650lb spring rate or more (( since i have a road armor bumper + winch )). plus Radflo coilovers are valved with the Overland Warehouse specification, and after driving my brother's polaris, i couldn't resist !

price wise, buying a fox from the US and shipping it to dubai will cost less than Mebar.
Thanks man - that pretty much confirms my gut feeling.
I'm leaning toward the Bilsteins & TC UCA.

How are you finding the LR UCA?

Black '14 6MT
Stock bumpers
Some mods

Rear Diff Lock on Demand mod: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...mand-hack.html

Nannies Off Mod: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ml#post1183262
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Thanks man - that pretty much confirms my gut feeling.
I'm leaning toward the Bilsteins & TC UCA.

How are you finding the LR UCA?
Honestly, if i could go back in time, i would get TC. Dont get me wrong, LR is amazing, but i prefer the uniball (( although it needs maintenance )).

Take it from a guy who lost money trying to find the right lift kit, go for a 2.5" body, man its a night and day difference ! Specially for our type of wheeling

Cheers buddy

2015 FJC heritage blue: Radflo 2.5 extended travel-LR UCA-METHODs - Road armor bumper-RESZ fab LED mounts -50" roof LED- 17" bumper LED-MOSS stone guards- TT black out kit-otrattw rocker switches-homemade shovel/axe mount -ARB high lift jack with mounts-OEM Roof rack.

2014 shelby GT500 oxford white: Ford Racing 65MM Cobra Jet Throttle Body - NGK TR8IX Plugs - 2.396" Upper Pulley and 90 MM Idler - ATI 10% OD Pulley - SCT tune - BORLA ATAK catback ... 700+hp
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Desert Moderator

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Honestly, if i could go back in time, i would get TC. Dont get me wrong, LR is amazing, but i prefer the uniball (( although it needs maintenance )).

Take it from a guy who lost money trying to find the right lift kit, go for a 2.5" body, man its a night and day difference ! Specially for our type of wheeling

Cheers buddy
Seriously considering this with the TC UCA & a 1.5" spring spacer in the rear:

Bilstein 6112 Series Front Shocks with 5100 Series Rear Shocks for FJ Cruiser | eBay

Black '14 6MT
Stock bumpers
Some mods

Rear Diff Lock on Demand mod: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...mand-hack.html

Nannies Off Mod: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ml#post1183262
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Seriously considering this with the TC UCA & a 1.5" spring spacer in the rear:

Bilstein 6112 Series Front Shocks with 5100 Series Rear Shocks for FJ Cruiser | eBay
man thats a great set up for the price. bilsteins are well-known and very durable. pull the trigger buddy

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 06:32 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
for the rears, I'm running a 1.5" spacer for now, next month ill order a rear setup from Radflo.
I am running the Radflo setup on my FJ. Just FYI in you are going to load her down in the rear you may want to buy the Radflo set up for the rear that has the Icon "Overland" heavy duty springs. The stock ones with the setup from Radflo needed a higher spring rate.
Ricky_z likes this.

"THE DEATH STAR" 2014 FJ TTE / 3" Lift / Fuel Wheels w/ 33" / Fab Fours Front & Rear Bumpers / Springtail Everywhere / Gobi Rack / Rigid Lighting / All-Pro Sliders / 8-Camera System
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

UPDATE:

1- the squeak is gone.

2- removed the rear Spacers (( they are terrible, the tail is bouncy and soft compared to the stiff front set up )) so i installed rear Radflo springs with gabriel GAS shocks, feels way much better.

3- so far so good, the Radflos are great, i took my rig to the empty quarter for a long hunting trip (( 15 days )) and my setup was holding up pretty good.

4- there is a mild rake (( 1/2" in the drivers side )) so i need to adjust it ASAP.

Radflo Shocks likes this.

Last edited by Ricky_z; 07-19-2015 at 05:06 AM.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Man...your set up is something that I really would like to do for my FJ as well. Please post some pics with your Radflo rear springs installled

How does the rear feel with radflo front and rear? I have 5100 bilsteins in the back with stock springs but I'm looking towards getting some Radflo rear springs next

I have a shrockworks metal bumper installed with plans for a winch as well. So 650# spring in front sounds perfect

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in