Icon stage 2, iron man foam cell pro extended travel Ora bilstien 6112 setup - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By LordHumungus
  • 1 Post By LordHumungus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Icon stage 2, iron man foam cell pro extended travel Ora bilstien 6112 setup

I'can't make up mind on a suspension and wanted to get some opinions. I currently have a warrior front bumper, a body armor rear, rci steel skids all the way back then the tank, and pure Fj sliders. The weight has her squished down pretty good. Right now I'm considering the icon stage 2 (2.0), iron man extended travel foam cell pro(2.5), or the bilstien 6112 (2.5). I can't go much over $2000. My concerns with each lift: if I go with the icon I'll wish I had something that was 2.5, the iron mans fit the bill but haven't been out long-haven't heard any complaints yet though, the bilstiens aren't threaded lik the other two -are they difficult to move up and down or will I need spacers to correct lean. If anyone has experience with these or has other suggestions I would love to here them. I know many of you have icons and any advice on that setup such as springs would also be appreciated. Oh, it's a daily driver and most trails I do are slow trails. Some rocks when I get the opportunity. Not much high speed dessert stuff but not opposed to it. Off-road maybe once a month, more often in summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Re: Icon stage 2, iron man foam cell pro extended travel Ora bilstien 6112 setup

Same questions. No bumpers for me. +1 following

Any specs out there on travel length, and spring rates included with the Ironman? There is vast info out there on other manuf. but i have not seen any info on Ironman stuff yet.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Icon stage 2, iron man foam cell pro extended travel Ora bilstien 6112 setup

Once I break open my wallet I'm leaning toward the Iron Man's. I would ask @Vegas_Nick , as he's the resident expert on them.
In his other thread he JUST posted some more spec's on them, you might browse through the thread.
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...uspension.html

Proud owner of "Muddy", my 2013 Quicksand FJ.
http://www.txpedition.com

"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 07:14 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Adjusting the Bilsteins is a PITA once they're on the truck. The Iron Mans seem to be the best bang for the buck out of what you listed, if you go with the regular travel ones (not sure why the ex. travel cost more). If you were to go with the extended travel Iron Mans then you'd be at the same price as the Icon stage 1 which has 2.5" front shocks. My advice would be to decide what you want and then patiently wait until black Friday. Last year Icon stage 2 was going for around 1800-1900 at the time, stage 1 was around 1400.

I'm currently waiting and will likely go with the Iron Mans if they go on sale for black Friday.
Vegas_Nick likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)

Quote:
LordHumungus previously said: View Post
Adjusting the Bilsteins is a PITA once they're on the truck. The Iron Mans seem to be the best bang for the buck out of what you listed, if you go with the regular travel ones (not sure why the ex. travel cost more). If you were to go with the extended travel Iron Mans then you'd be at the same price as the Icon stage 1 which has 2.5" front shocks. My advice would be to decide what you want and then patiently wait until black Friday. Last year Icon stage 2 was going for around 1800-1900 at the time, stage 1 was around 1400.

I'm currently waiting and will likely go with the Iron Mans if they go on sale for black Friday.
When is black Friday? (need to take note)

Last edited by Vegas_Nick; 06-29-2015 at 09:00 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 09:36 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

The Friday after thanksgiving, although many vendors discount that whole weekend.
Vegas_Nick likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
LordHumungus previously said: View Post
The Iron Mans seem to be the best bang for the buck out of what you listed, if you go with the regular travel ones (not sure why the ex. travel cost more).
The extended travel set comes with new upper control arms.

Steve in MN, sponsored by Blue Sun Corporation
2010 FJ, now with exciting grill and shifter knob mods

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)

Quote:
Serenity Now previously said: View Post
The extended travel set comes with new upper control arms.
That is correct. If someone already had aftermarket UCA's then obviously the extended and standard travel kits end up costing the same.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Why don't you need aftermarket UCAs with the standard Ironman Pro Kit?

- 2014 Cement, Off-road, Convenience.
2008 JK, 2003 TJ, 2009 H3T, 1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in