Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

My FJ is sqeeking..:(

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  icon_rep 
#1 ·
Hey guys.. I have a revtech 3in lift,,,, Just for the past month it has starting sqeeking.. Just the left front area where the shocks are and the spacer... What can i do, or maybe I have a problem???

Took it in the mud once, ever since,, SHE SQUUEEEKKKS non stop down the road:mecry:

#2 ·
my fj is squeaking too but I have no lift I wonder what it is

#4 ·
It's probably your sway bar bushings.

I added some steel collars to my sway bar (to prevent shifting left to right), and whenever they get dry the rubber squeaks as I bounce (even just a little bounce). I use a silicone spray to soak down the bushings and all is well; until they dry out again.

If that's not the problem, then use the same silicone spray on the upper and lower control arm bushings, and even the top of the struts (where the rubber attaches to the top).

#5 ·
thanks guys...:)

#6 ·
noticed that my fj started to squeek a bit too. I have to OME lift but i dont think that has anything to do with it. Mayb my upper control arm or as said above swar bar bushing. Is silicone spray the best to use or some white lithium greese?

#8 ·
i love this forum..... u have a problem and post it and within an hour u have an awnser

#11 ·
Seems to be the nature of the beast :)

We had some issues in the past with a seal tolerance... we changed a few things and haven't had any real problems since.

When it comes to spacers, especially polyurethane they will make some noise... and some gritty mud and dirt to the equation and your bound to get it more and more...

I usually just recommend cleaning your truck as good as you can... and double check mounting bolts every time you go wheelin'

I wouldn't go lube crazy too much unless its in small amounts that won't cause more problems later on down the road..lube attracts dirt and dirt can cause more noise..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.