Front and Rear Bilstien 5100 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By chriskrossapplesauce
  • 1 Post By WebSnyper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Front and Rear Bilstien 5100

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to level my FJ as it does have some forward rake, even more so than a stock one do to my stainless steel bulbar that sits in the front.

Anyway, I searched but could not find anyone who put the Bilstien 5100s in the front and the rear to level the FJ.

I have a few questions. With these shocks front and rear, how much lift will I receive? Also, what setting should the front shocks be set for to achieve a level?

Thank you

Shirley - 2007 FJC Voodoo Blue

BFG KO2, Fuel Krank, Magnaflow SS HP cat-back, factory leather, Eclipse AVN 50D, RealWheels bulbar, RealWheels light guards, RealWheels chrome accessories, H4 bulbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 07:43 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Front and Rear Bilstien 5100

From Bilstein's website, it says you can get anywhere from 0"-2.75" of lift. It depends on where you set em. AFAIK, the rears are not adjustable so the best you'll do is level your rig.

Edit: P.S. Read this thread please https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...evel-poll.html
WebSnyper and sjp4ut like this.

Young, dumb, and blunt - Chris

Last edited by chriskrossapplesauce; 05-14-2016 at 07:46 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to sealevel

Had these installed. On 3rd notch it leveled out and lifted the vehicle another inch from previous stance. Installed US Off Road bumper and a winch (about 110 lbs and the front did not drop at all. Ride is amazing, no more front end dive and very smooth. 5100's are a great upgrade if you want a slight lift with a level stance.

'07 Titanium auto 4x4, rear locker, ATRAC, upgrade pk 2, Pioneer AVIC-D3 nav system w/ipod Vd, 265/70 17 Pirelli Scorpion ATR, Trail-Gear sliders, black Ellis Precision Grab Handles, black RazorWings, AFE Cat-back exhaust & CAI, Black Oak LEDs, Iron Mountain shift knobs, tinted windows, US Off Road Bumper, Engo Winch, cargo net, Midld 75-822 CB, Bandi Mount, 4' Firestik, Manik Black Taillight Guards & a Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu Jitsu sticker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Awesome, so if I understand correctly, the rear stays at the same level as the stock shocks?

BFG KO2, Fuel Krank, Magnaflow SS HP cat-back, factory leather, Eclipse AVN 50D, RealWheels bulbar, RealWheels light guards, RealWheels chrome accessories, H4 bulbs
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 10:08 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
chriskrossapplesauce previously said: View Post
From Bilstein's website, it says you can get anywhere from 0"-2.75" of lift. It depends on where you set em. AFAIK, the rears are not adjustable so the best you'll do is level your rig.

Edit: P.S. Read this thread please https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...evel-poll.html
Thanks for pointing out that thread... just read it, and great info as I look for this to be my next mod (got to save a few bucks first). Even some folks in the same general area as me in that thread, so contacting some of them regarding installers.

2007 Titanium FJ Cruiser
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 01:43 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to sealevel

Quote:
PVFootball67 previously said: View Post
Awesome, so if I understand correctly, the rear stays at the same level as the stock shocks?
I did not measure but it looks like the rear lifted about 1" and the fronts leveled on the 3rd notch.

'07 Titanium auto 4x4, rear locker, ATRAC, upgrade pk 2, Pioneer AVIC-D3 nav system w/ipod Vd, 265/70 17 Pirelli Scorpion ATR, Trail-Gear sliders, black Ellis Precision Grab Handles, black RazorWings, AFE Cat-back exhaust & CAI, Black Oak LEDs, Iron Mountain shift knobs, tinted windows, US Off Road Bumper, Engo Winch, cargo net, Midld 75-822 CB, Bandi Mount, 4' Firestik, Manik Black Taillight Guards & a Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu Jitsu sticker.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Great, thanks

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in