Camburg upper control arm cap fix
So, love the Camburg upper control arms but I've despised the caps for the ball joints since the day I got them.
I decided to do something about them today. When installing the caps, since they have an o-ring, they are air tight. This creates a pressure problem when installing. Camburg has you place a piece of "fishing line" across the area where the o-ring seals, this effectively relieves the pressure allowing the cap installation. Never seemed to work well for me. I drilled a hole in the cap, tapped the hole for 8-32 threads and installed a screw with a pliable nylon washer to seal out water. Removal is the same, screw is removed for an air bleed when installing. Once the cap is seated, install the screw. Not the most high tech deal, but, it works for me.
BFG KO2's or Yokohama Geolander mt's
HMWS hidden winch plate
ViperMax 13k, AmSteel rope