help, 6 inch rough country with 5100's and spacers ?? - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: help, 6 inch rough country with 5100's and spacers ??

Are the radflo's alum or steel base ? Arent the walkers all alum ?

I belive the toytecs are all alum too ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
BLKTACTAC previously said: View Post
Are the radflo's alum or steel base ? Arent the walkers all alum ?

I belive the toytecs are all alum too ?
Here's the info from Radflo's site: Body Caps & Eyelets CNC machined 6061 or 7075 aluminum, black anodizing

I'm pretty sure the Walker Evans have aluminum mounting points as well. Not sure about Toytec.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Forum Veteran

I thought the rough country was a complete kit install your shocks with their springs and you good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Arrow Re: help, 6 inch rough country with 5100's and spacers ??

Quote:
JOCKTHEGLIDE previously said: View Post
I thought the rough country was a complete kit install your shocks with their springs and you good?

It is a "complete kit" but it essentially is a front spacer kit (the majority of the front end kit uses huge spacers as seen at the top of the pic below ) but the kit still requires you to use your factory front coils as I understand it .............

Both Icon and radlflo now offer replacement front coilovers specifically for the RC 6'' kit...........

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Forum Veteran

thx for that info. im looking at the RC 6 inch lift also (dont even know why 3inch is good enough).

Quote:
mobius012 previously said: View Post
It is a "complete kit" but it essentially is a front spacer kit (the majority of the front end kit uses huge spacers as seen at the top of the pic below ) but the kit still requires you to use your factory front coils as I understand it .............

Both Icon and radlflo now offer replacement front coilovers specifically for the RC 6'' kit...........

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
thx for that info. im looking at the RC 6 inch lift also (dont even know why 3inch is good enough).
The RC 6" lift is amazing. I just put the stock shocks back on because I'm waiting to have my coilovers rebuilt and the ride is still decent. Really helped me out going through all the flood waters around here a few weeks ago .
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
livinloud23x3 previously said: View Post
The RC 6" lift is amazing. I just put the stock shocks back on because I'm waiting to have my coilovers rebuilt and the ride is still decent. Really helped me out going through all the flood waters around here a few weeks ago .
why did you have to say that????? Im gonna have to sell some stuff to put it on.....

do you know if the fabtechs are comparable in ride comfrot? I notied they are the same price on ebay.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
why did you have to say that????? Im gonna have to sell some stuff to put it on.....

do you know if the fabtechs are comparable in ride comfrot? I notied they are the same price on ebay.
Where ??? I've always seen the fabtecs priced much higher , and if you're swapping in the newer icons(they already make the fronts but the rears are on there way*) , I don't see the point in buying the higher priced fabtec ........

*Read up here
(I read the whole thread lol lotta good info ) I started off not wanting the rc 6'', then I wanted it 1/4 the way thru the thread , then not about half way thru the same thread ,then in the end I kinda want it again
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Forum Veteran

is this the complete kit comparable to RC 6 inch lift?

oh boy im reading through that link and YES its EVEN MORE CONFUSING NOW!!!.....peoplare saying 6 inch lift is not a 6 inch lift and anthing above 3 inch lift is such as the 6 inch is the same as the 3inch lift. oh boy...........

all I want is my truck in general higher off the ground so if I ever need to get under there I dont need a jack or something......whoa.......and for looks.

Fabtech 6" Lift Kit Toyota FJ:eBay Motors (item 220463936456 end time Oct-06-09 10:49:24 PDT)

Quote:
mobius012 previously said: View Post
Where ??? I've always seen the fabtecs priced much higher , and if you're swapping in the newer icons(they already make the fronts but the rears are on there way*) , I don't see the point in buying the higher priced fabtec ........

*Read up here
(I read the whole thread lol lotta good info ) I started off not wanting the rc 6'', then I wanted it 1/4 the way thru the thread , then not about half way thru the same thread ,then in the end I kinda want it again

Last edited by JOCKTHEGLIDE; 10-03-2009 at 04:48 PM.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

The six inch R/C was delivered last week and purchased it from R/C ( spoke with Ben) direct at a out-sanding price. Thanks to Livingloud's suggestion, I contacted Radflo and will be ordering the six inch coil overs on Monday. I purchased a set of 305's Nittos on 20 inch black liquid metal wheels and I only need 5 inch's of lift to clear my Garage. You choice is all about what you want to do with your rig. I run a comm adjusting company and I travel a lot around the Midwest. I believe the R/C and radflos will do the job.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in