Toyota of Fort Worth - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Texas For the Lonestar State

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
81N4RY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,184
Blog Entries: 2
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Toyota of Fort Worth

Anyone personally have experience getting an alignment done at Toyota of Fort Worth?
It would be nice to be able to request a specific mechanic when I go up there.
Especially one that has experience with lifted FJC's?
I know some dealerships are better at it than others.

LSSC
81N4RY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:38 AM
Forum Veteran
 
Mitt78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lookin' for the rain in a thunder cloud
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Garage
I have always been told to stay away from TOFW. I work in FAR west Fort Worth, live in Irving but take the FJ to Plano for service. That being said the best place in Fort Worth for an alignment would be Texas Track Works. I took my M3 there before it traided it in on my first FJ. It was the only shop I would trust for an alignment or maintenance . The owner worked for the guy I took it too in Austin.
Mitt78 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
81N4RY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,184
Blog Entries: 2
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: Toyota of Fort Worth

Quote:
Mitt78 previously said: View Post
I have always been told to stay away from TOFW. I work in FAR west Fort Worth, live in Irving but take the FJ to Plano for service. That being said the best place in Fort Worth for an alignment would be Texas Track Works. I took my M3 there before it traided it in on my first FJ. It was the only shop I would trust for an alignment or maintenance . The owner worked for the guy I took it too in Austin.
Sorry but why would a shop that aligns Beemers know about FJC's?


LSSC
81N4RY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Forum Veteran
 
Mitt78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lookin' for the rain in a thunder cloud
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
81N4RY previously said: View Post
Quote:
Mitt78 previously said: View Post
I have always been told to stay away from TOFW. I work in FAR west Fort Worth, live in Irving but take the FJ to Plano for service. That being said the best place in Fort Worth for an alignment would be Texas Track Works. I took my M3 there before it traided it in on my first FJ. It was the only shop I would trust for an alignment or maintenance . The owner worked for the guy I took it too in Austin.
Sorry but why would a shop that aligns Beemers know about FJC's?

You don't have to specialize in Toyotas to do an alignment on them. Any place that does alignments can align just about anything. Texas track works just happeneds to be the best in Fort Worth for alignments.
Mitt78 is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Toyota of Fort Worth

When I inquired about an alignment in Houston for my '13 after installing a BOSS lift kit, I was told by reputable auto shops that the alignment machines typically used now days do not have the capacity to "extend" (or whatever the term is) enough to align a lifted vehicle. Someone said Four Wheel Parts had the proper equipment, so I used them and they got it dead-on as far as I can tell. As Mitt says, aligning an FJ is no big deal (given the lift issue is doable with the equipment on hand), but if you have rusted/frozen bolts then it complicates the issues. My LR UCA included very good instructions that can be handed to the tech for use when aligning and it worked well. Also, one hears of lots of FJ owners using Firestone for alignment due to (or used to have at any rate) some type of lifetime alignment special for one low price ($99? $129?). best of luck.
81N4RY likes this.
Texas Hill Country is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Forum Veteran
 
texasnielsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Toyota of Fort Worth

Quote:
Mitt78 previously said: View Post
I have always been told to stay away from TOFW.
If you're in the area, Freeman Toyota over by NE Mall has serviced my FJ since new (it was purchased new in OK. I also didn't hear positive things about the other dealer mentioned and so went to Freeman for my Toyotacare service)

Been very happy with them. Snapped a Front CV axle while in Mexico last year and they did me right on the repair and also an alignment. Ask for Adrian in the Service Dept.

BlindWilly, 81N4RY and TXPaladin like this.

~ Gary ~

TLCA #22816
TTR #157




"Think Outside. No box Required." - Author Unknown
texasnielsen is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 06:16 AM
Forum Superstar
 
BlindWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arlington, TX.
Posts: 2,887
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Toyota of Fort Worth

Tandem automotive is getting alignment equipment soon.
Alex, one of the owners, texted me the other day. I'm going to be looking into the Toytec Boss kit they offer, and he stated that they'll be able to align me too.
I've taken my rig there for a few things and Pablo, the main guy, does a fantastic job.
Here is the website
Tandem Automotive - Tandem Automotive

Proud owner of "Muddy", my 2013 Quicksand FJ.
http://www.txpedition.com


"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai
BlindWilly is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
81N4RY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,184
Blog Entries: 2
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: Toyota of Fort Worth

Quote:
texasnielsen previously said: View Post
If you're in the area, Freeman Toyota over by NE Mall has serviced my FJ since new (it was purchased new in OK. I also didn't hear positive things about the other dealer mentioned and so went to Freeman for my Toyotacare service)

Been very happy with them. Snapped a Front CV axle while in Mexico last year and they did me right on the repair and also an alignment. Ask for Adrian in the Service Dept.

Yea, that's where I bought my 4Runner and had it serviced. But I don't live over there anymore, moved downtown. I was hoping to go to the one closest to me.

LSSC
81N4RY is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
81N4RY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,184
Blog Entries: 2
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: Toyota of Fort Worth

Quote:
Mitt78 previously said: View Post
You don't have to specialize in Toyotas to do an alignment on them. Any place that does alignments can align just about anything. Texas track works just happeneds to be the best in Fort Worth for alignments.
I checked out their website, called and left a message and noticed they have a section that says ''Contact us below with questions or to request a quote. We will reply within 24 hours.'' so I left a message and my email address and cell number there. That was 7 days ago. So I'm guessing they are super busy or just have crap customer service.


LSSC
81N4RY is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Forum Veteran
 
Mitt78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lookin' for the rain in a thunder cloud
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Toyota of Fort Worth

Quote:
81N4RY previously said: View Post
I checked out their website, called and left a message and noticed they have a section that says ''Contact us below with questions or to request a quote. We will reply within 24 hours.'' so I left a message and my email address and cell number there. That was 7 days ago. So I'm guessing they are super busy or just have crap customer service.

They may just be busy. They do a lot work for a small shop. I always called one of the owners so I never had a problem with them not calling me back.

Did you know you can't tell the difference between a good Icon, a leaking Icon and no rear shock?
Mitt78 is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Texas

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome