Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Jambo Convoy May 4th

5K views 54 replies 11 participants last post by  SJunkie 
#1 · (Edited)
alright people I'm gonna be leaving for jambo early Thursday morning the may 4th. had a convoy for a run we did a lil while ago and it was pretty cool so I figure the jambo convoy will be even better. I'm up in prosper north of dallas so I'm open to meet up places but I would like to be at the park by 9 which means leaving the meet up by 7. ****ting bricks of excitement for this.

#47 ·
I don't claim to be a tour guide, and you probably don't want me leading the convoy. (I have a bit of a lead foot. :wink ) But, the quickest route I have taken from our meeting location is:

• 380 to I-30 in Greenville
  • I-30 to 271 in Mt Pleasant
  • 271 to Gilmer
  • and 155 out to Barnwell

The way I drive, (again... lead foot) that route usually takes me a little over two hours.

#48 ·
Few pics from Jambo

Soil Vehicle Rural area Off-roading Land lot

Trail Off-roading Off-road vehicle Tree Natural environment

Land vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Car Regularity rally

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Regularity rally

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Off-roading Vehicle Car Trail

Land vehicle Off-roading Vehicle Car Regularity rally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BOBTAILFJ
#49 ·
Off-roading Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Off-road vehicle
Vehicle Car Off-roading Tree Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Automotive tire Off-road vehicle
Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Off-roading
Trail Natural environment Nature reserve Jungle Forest
Off-roading Vehicle Car Off-road vehicle Trail
Off-roading Vehicle Off-road vehicle Automotive tire Soil

#50 ·
Looks like you got some good pics. You all make it back safe? After taking a look at the truck when we got home it looks like I may be replacing the seal on my diff as it is leaking a little now.

#51 ·
Yes the FJ is safely sitting in the drive way. Looks like it will be two weeks for the new 456's to get here. Try tightening the diff nuts before replacing the seal. The same thing happened to me before installing the diff skid, it stopped dripping right away.

#55 ·
Great pics! Glad you made it home ok. My offer sill stands. If you want some help with the gear swap, just let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.