Registration has Begun for the 6th Annual TOTH - Page 14 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Thrill On The Hill This section is dedicated to the Thrill On The Hill FJ Cruiser rally and get together held in Ruidoso, NM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Re: Registration has Begun for the 6th Annual TOTH

Quote:
FJNewb previously said: View Post
Kai - what broke and made the tow truck was neccessary?
Wheel bearing
I had a strange rattle noise at the event and pulled the tire the morning we headed home. I found the caliper pins & springs missing so I used tent pegs to hold it together. My brakes also didn't feel right. I got home and replaced the pins but still had a vibration. I took the FJ to a friends Toyota shop and got it on the lift. Front wheel wobbled when grabbed and wiggled.
He said it was Toyota dealership repair item because he didn't have the Toyota specify tool. I was loaded up to head out across NM/AZ so I had to get home to unload before going to Toyota. On the way home there was a big clunk noise so I called a wrecker to meet me at home & tow it off.
Should have it back today and best part my 100k mile warranty covered it all with 1850 miles left on the warranty.

Kirk,
N31'51.208 W106'37.435
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=DE2D30B8B02FBAEE
http://pbase.com/kai38/
Send Money, Guns & Lawyers..... the _hit has hit the fan!
Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
KF5MQP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Thanks for the explanation. I was trying to figure out if it was trail carnage or something since there were pictures of your FJ at the event and then suddenly on the tow truck. I'm sure that was a bit of a hassel, but at least good timing that it was covered under warranty.

post #133 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
kai38 previously said: View Post
Wheel bearing
I had a strange rattle noise at the event and pulled the tire the morning we headed home. I found the caliper pins & springs missing so I used tent pegs to hold it together. My brakes also didn't feel right. I got home and replaced the pins but still had a vibration. I took the FJ to a friends Toyota shop and got it on the lift. Front wheel wobbled when grabbed and wiggled.
He said it was Toyota dealership repair item because he didn't have the Toyota specify tool. I was loaded up to head out across NM/AZ so I had to get home to unload before going to Toyota. On the way home there was a big clunk noise so I called a wrecker to meet me at home & tow it off.
Should have it back today and best part my 100k mile warranty covered it all with 1850 miles left on the warranty.
Glad to hear that the 100k warranty covered the repairs.

'07 Voodoo Blue/6MT/Roof Rack/Towing Package/ALL-PRO-Front Bumper w/Prerunner Light Bar, Rock Guards, Full Skid Plates, High Clearance Exhaust, Ultimate Lower Skids/Metal Tech Rear Bumper/ICON Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir Front-Rear PiggyBack Reservoir Shocks-Shin Guards/aFe Pro-Guard 7 CAI/Doug Thorley Headers/Garvin Trail Rack/KC Daylighters/BFG AT/KO's 315x70x17 Tires/17 inch Steel Wheels/Magnaflow Exhaust/Man-A-Fre Extended Brake Lines/M-Pac Rear Mount/Power Tank/Manik Taillight Guards & Roof Rack Light Bar/Light Racing Adjustable UCA/Safari Snorkel/SCUBA Mods/Toy Outfitters Rear Upper Control Arms, Rim Stiffeners/URD Short Shifter/Timbren Bumpstops/Baja Rack, + a butt load more mods..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Thank you all for coming out to the event! It was a blast. (Beer bomb in all) Ha. It was awesome to get to meet you all. Put it on your calendars now, Labor Day Weekend, 2013!!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Thrill On The Hill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in