Ultimate Emergency Tool Box - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Tools The discussion of tools related to the Toyota FJ Cruiser.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Ultimate Emergency Tool Box

Fencing / Bailing wire and a pair of fencing pliers. I've used this before on applications where the zip ties just will not cut it: exhaust or other heated materials.

You can outrun a Crown Vic, but you can't outrun a MOTOROLA.

DO ROCKS!!! www.demello-offroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

First you need a good box. I've used a Rubbermaid ActionPacker for ten years now and it just fits in the FJ. It takes up about half the space in the back, sits on the passenger side to help with the weight transfer and is about one foot high. Even my compressor/inflator and jump start fits in there, as well as a lot of other stuff. I'll post a photo.. Ron

Ain't no pockets on a shroud
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A trailer to haul all of the stuff mentioned around in!

I'm older now but still runnin against the wind

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

POWER TOOLS...did everyone forget there is a elctrical plug in the rear. 100' of good old fashion outdoor/industrial extension cords and tada circular saws, drills, heck you can even recharge the batteries is you have cordless tools.

I'm suffering from a bad case of I Don't Give a F#$k
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 06:19 AM
Forum Superstar

400w

400W ain't much.. Best to use that one for small stuff like cell phones and smaller rechargeable batteries. I still want a stand-alone 1000W+ that connects directly to the battery for big stuff. I got a great one at Sams's for $29. If I burn the wires off it, it doesn't take the FJ wiring with it. If I don't need it, it stays in the ActionPacker with my MaxFlow and jump starter. Ron

Quote:
drunkstu80 previously said: View Post
POWER TOOLS...did everyone forget there is a elctrical plug in the rear. 100' of good old fashion outdoor/industrial extension cords and tada circular saws, drills, heck you can even recharge the batteries is you have cordless tools.

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
scottandroni previously said: View Post
I think when this thread ends we will have a solid list...
A BIG list... If I didn't have to run to a meeting shortly, I'd go through the thread responses and compile the list.

Quote:
cinch previously said: View Post
A trailer to haul all of the stuff mentioned around in!
yup

I agree with the suggestion for a toss-in bag for wheeling, but hauling all the stuff mentioned in the thread around daily is a little much (with the exception of self-protection and a cell phone). Good suggestions, though..

Dennis' Titanium 'Bird of Prey':
'08 Titanium 4X4; AT; LD; A-Trac; Cobra CB radio & Bandi-mount mini whip; Yaesu FT-7800R HAM radio & Comet SBB7 hatch-mounted 5/8 wave antenna Call Sign: KE5WTX; Toyota extra horn mod; BajaRack Exp roof rack; 295/70/16 Hankook Dynapro MT tires; Factory off-road 16" alloys; OME 884 front coils & N140S shocks, ToyTec Medium rear coils, OME N71E rear shocks; SCUBA breather mod; Steel sway bar collars; Digger upper and lower rear links; Rasta4x4 skids; Metal Tech step sliders & front tube bumper; Hella 500's Future Mods: Cloaking Device, Disruptors
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Forum Superstar

That's one of the advantages of having a good light weight box. On a daily basis, you just carry what you need and use it as a trunk organizer. It comes in real handy for the unexpected hauling/storage cases. When you're roadtriping or off-road, you pack it accordingly. Sort-of purpose oriented.. Ron

Quote:
JoeUser previously said: View Post
A BIG list... If I didn't have to run to a meeting shortly, I'd go through the thread responses and compile the list.

yup

I agree with the suggestion for a toss-in bag for wheeling, but hauling all the stuff mentioned in the thread around daily is a little much (with the exception of self-protection and a cell phone). Good suggestions, though..

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: 400w

Quote:
kokopelli previously said: View Post
400W ain't much.. Best to use that one for small stuff like cell phones and smaller rechargeable batteries. I still want a stand-alone 1000W+ that connects directly to the battery for big stuff. I got a great one at Sams's for $29. If I burn the wires off it, it doesn't take the FJ wiring with it. If I don't need it, it stays in the ActionPacker with my MaxFlow and jump starter. Ron

I agree that my inverter is on the soft side. I use it to keep the charge up on my Jump Starter Kit on the way to work when it is cold. So far so good as it was needed three times this winter and never hit the house beyond its initial charge.

Other than that it fit in that cubby hole and my spot light is AC.

I do smile when I go to the truck stops with the giant inverters.

Scott

2007 Sun Fusion AT
On board air compressor, Back up Battery, Flip Out Screen, Sub/Amp, XM Radio, Cargo Cover, Tire Cover, Black Push "Bull" Bar, Added OEM Rock Rails, Class III Hitch Upgrade, 4 PIAA 510's, Alarm and Starter, Daystar Level Kit
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:11 AM
Forum Superstar

Re: 400w

Inverters are deceptive to a lot of people. 1000 watts (1KW) is nothing in the 110-125 volt world (8-9 amps, zip cord stuff), but in the 12 volt world it's around 80 amps! That'll fry most every wire in the FJ except the starter and charging circuits.. Ron

Quote:
scottandroni previously said: View Post
I agree that my inverter is on the soft side. I use it to keep the charge up on my Jump Starter Kit on the way to work when it is cold. So far so good as it was needed three times this winter and never hit the house beyond its initial charge.

Other than that it fit in that cubby hole and my spot light is AC.

I do smile when I go to the truck stops with the giant inverters.

Scott

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Misc. Technical Discussion > Tools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in