socket set - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Tools The discussion of tools related to the Toyota FJ Cruiser.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Re: socket set

Quote:
Catt22 previously said: View Post
The best socket set I have ever owned was made by S-K Wayne. I don't know the details, but it's no longer S-K Wayne, but just S-K instead. The quality is not what it once was. The S-K tools are very good, but the original versions were superb. I've abused the hell out of them using cheater bars and pounded the sockets onto rounded off nuts with not even a hint of a problem. The design of the tools is just as important as the durability. No pear shaped rachet heads for me. I want the round ones only. I want the sizes stamped boldly on the sockets. Nothing worse than not being able to read the damn things. That's a sure sign of cheap ****.
X2, In 1966 I got my first set of S-K Wayne 6 point sockets and box wrenches...still got 'em and still going strong...I wish I could say that for me...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
RomaBoy previously said: View Post
X2, In 1966 I got my first set of S-K Wayne 6 point sockets and box wrenches...still got 'em and still going strong...I wish I could say that for me...

Got mine in 1967! S-K Wayne 1/2" drive socket set, plus a 12 pt. deep socket set, 1/4" drive socket set w/standard sockets and deeps, full set of combination box end/open end wrenches. Still have them all. These were my very first tool purchases. I worked at a hardware store in high school and got them with my employee discount. An old timer that worked there recommended the S-K's. Had to order them special. Never lost or broke a single piece to date. I don't lend them out ever. All are S-K Wayne and matched sets. Good stuff and now irreplaceable.

'07 Sunfusion

AT 4x4, (CQ) Convenience Pkg, (GY) Airbags, (UR) Upgrade #2, (C8) Rock Rails & Skid Plate, (DH) Towing Hitch, (WL) 17" Alloys, (Z2) 5 pc All Weather Mats/Rear Door Storage/First Aid Kit/Passenger Arm Rest, (3T) Roof Rack

MODS: TRD CAI, Spare Tire Cover, Precision Fit Ballistic Nylon Seat Covers, Warn Receiver Shackle, Sylvania Silver Star Ultra Headlights, LED Dome Light conversions, Puck Light Mod, Under Hood LED Lighting, Aux Backup Lights

Last edited by Catt22; 05-04-2008 at 11:35 PM.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Quote:
Catt22 previously said: View Post
Got mine in 1967! S-K Wayne 1/2" drive socket set, plus a 12 pt. deep socket set, 1/4" drive socket set w/standard sockets and deeps, full set of combination box end/open end wrenches. Still have them all. These were my very first tool purchases. I worked at a hardware store in high school and got them with my employee discount. An old timer that worked there recommended the S-K's. Had to order them special. Never lost or broke a single piece to date. I don't lend them out ever. All are S-K Wayne and matched sets. Good stuff and now irreplaceable.
Amen to that...I've never lost any or lend out any of mine either. Some of the guys I work are losing or breaking tools all the time. I guess they don't have the same work ethic.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Misc. Technical Discussion > Tools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in